Best dominican beer

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Amber looks and tastes to be made with partially caramelized malt, and not as hoppy/bitter as Presidente.

It's a good beer, but opinions vary.

I personally like caramelized malted beers, as you find many micro breweries produce. Additionally, I'm not a huge Saaz hop fan, as many European beers have (most green bottled beers are "hoppy"; the green bottle keeps the hops from degrading with light); hence the bitterness. Hoppy beers, like Heinekin, IMO have earned their "Skunk Beer" reputation.

But, heck-I own a bar/restaurant in Tampa Bay FL, and I serve 60 beers. My #1 seller is Bud and Bud Light. The only way some of my pastrons would change brands is for Newcastle or Sierra Nevada to sponser a car on the NASCAR circuit...:ninja:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
You guys crack me up !!!!

You think that you guys think that you can come and down grade Presidente not even being aware of all the world competitions that Presidente has won.

Go do your researches before badmouthing any products.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
People like Keystone Light, too.

Presidente is fine beer. Especially served very, very cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
[

The girls that drink Presidente aren't going to get a kiss from El Cubano, i'm not into caca breath:ermm: For those of you that drink that crap just be aware, caca is comming out of your mouth:speechles

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
On a less somber note, I had Ambar beer at a restaurant in Boca Chica and found it a nice change from Presidente. I've never seen it anywhere else. Does anyone know if it's sold anywhere in the Sosua area?

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
No, i drink Bohemia so my breath doesn't stink. I only drink beer during the day when it's hot. When i go out i don't drink it.

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
I'm not dominican so the word chopo means a vegetable to me. But if having a Bohemia in a colmado (not comado) makes me one... oh well i guess i'm a chopo then.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Presidente made a new factory some years ago. Bottles can now be exported thanks to uniform production of beer treated with whatever receiving countries want (rust retardant from the iron can laws of 1915?).
Within months the old factory was back in business producing natural beer in bottles that blow up after a couple of months. It's under a label that used to be awful. Now it's the "domestic" Presidente I knew so many years when only cans were exported. It's called Bohemia.