Best dominican beer

latina16

Mar 1, 2006
Bohemia is one of the best beers of the D.R. I was there and my friends all said that its their favorite, I tried it and loved it... I dont mind presidente either.... I tried Brama ....my friends didn't like it too much but I didn't mind it....

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Updated!

The Beer Breakdown:

Presidente - Chopos, Tourists & Dom Expats
Bohemia - Poor Chopos & Expats
Brahma - Middle Class Doms & Expats (who know better)
Quisqueya - Rural Chopos & Old School Barrio Chopos
MGD - Wealthy Doms & wannabe Wealthy Doms
Corona - Dom Yorks
La Benedicta - Female Chopos & Hookers at the Monument
Old English 800 - Ooops, wrong board:surprised

latina16

Mar 1, 2006
I misspelled Brahma before..... I liked it alot..... It was cheaper than Presidente... I got to say its in my top 3 fav dominincan beers... I really wasn't even a fan of beer.... I live in Canada and I couldn't stand the taste of any American/Canadian beer.... This was the first year That I got to try dominican beer in the D.R... I got to say Dominican beer is the best... It sucks because they dont sell it here!!!I have to wait till i go to new york in september or the D.R. next year...

May 31, 2005
Isn't Brahma from Brazil? I had a few Brahmas not too long ago and it tasted real good. I had a headache the next day though. That does not happen with other beers that I drink. I didn't even have more than the usual.

May 31, 2005
The Beer Breakdown:

Presidente - Chopos, Tourists & Dom Expats
Bohemia - Poor Chopos & Expats
Brahma - Middle Class Doms & Expats (who know better)
Quisqueya - Rural Chopos & Old School Barrio Chopos
MGD - Wealthy Doms & wannabe Wealthy Doms
Corona - Dom Yorks
La Benedicta - Female Chopos & Hookers at the Monument
Old English 800 - Ooops, wrong board:surprised

LOL... ha ha ha

I can't stand MGD and I can't help but laugh when I go out with friends in DR and that is what they order while I always get the Presidente. I don't get the real stuff here in the US so that is why that is all I drink when I am there.

I did taste Benedicta but I did not like it. It is not beer. I liked the blue bottle though.

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
My Vote Goes To the Brazilian Brahma

Wasn't a beer drinker until I experienced an ice cold Brahma when I visited the Tirigüillo Deli on Constanza Street in Santiago, DR. Brahma suited me just fine. Best beer I ever tasted. It is a clear, smooth, pilsner which, when served ice cold, leaves little or no aftertaste. Far too easy to drink too many :surprised . It is imported from Brazil. Can even get it in some of our Canadian provinces (they each have their own liquor authority). I can't get it here in New Brunswick :( but I can buy it in Quebec :p . Yup. Brahma. No more Cuba Libres for me! :p:p:p:

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
Still Good.

Thanks for the insight Tamborista! I've had the Brahma in the DR and the Brahma which was imported to Quebec from the Brazilian plant. Tasted very much the same to me. Both were great! So congratulations to the local bottler in the DR for doin' a great job!

Cheers!

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
dude drinking beer is a complicated science anything taste good when u are in the mood 4 it however taste a lager Grolch and we can continue this discussion later

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Cobraboy..

The beer that you drank at El Tablon is Quisquella. Not bad, but not as good as a Presidente. Going to Santiago on Dec 9th. If you guys want to share a few cases of brew, send me a PM. later, gator.

Zeus (primus chopus):bunny:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Taste is all in your mouth and attitude. There are times when i prefer Presidente, other time Brama, Quisqueya, OR Bohemia. As a beer drinker for over 35 years and 4 years spent in Germany, I've drank a lot of different brands as well as making my own. Overall of the Dominican beers I prefer Bohemia, but any bien fria will do.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
What ever happened to Quisqeya? tasted just like presidente but cheaper

Quisqueya is still around. I drank it for the first time when I visited in Oct. 2006. To be honest, I really did not like the taste. It really tasted like cheap beer. Presidente and Bohemia is the way to go.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Taste is all in your mouth and attitude. There are times when i prefer Presidente, other time Brama, Quisqueya, OR Bohemia. As a beer drinker for over 35 years and 4 years spent in Germany, I've drank a lot of different brands as well as making my own. Overall of the Dominican beers I prefer Bohemia, but any bien fria will do.

over this summer I tried Brahma, I looooved it, it leaves the tingle on your tongue and it has a sweetness to it, very very nice.
I have tried to drink Quisqueya and couldn't finish a "pequena", sorry can't describe the taste, this was a while ago.
and Bohemia, couldn't finish the bottle either, they taste like the brewing stopped half way. I have tasted a few different beers and I can understand that you must have a palate for beers in order to enjoy the different flavors, but those two last beers are hard to swallow.