Best Dominican Hospital/Clinic?

What is the best Dominican hospital/clinic?

• Hospiten Santo Domingo (Santo Domingo)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • CEDIMAT (Santo Domingo)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Corazones Unidos (Santo Domingo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clínica Abreu (Santo Domingo)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Unión Médica del Norte (Santiago)

• HOMS (Santiago)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Hospital IMG (Bávaro)

• Centro Médico Siglo 21 (San Francisco de Macorís)

• INMANOR (Mao)

• Other

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some of the best hospitals/clinics in the country are listed with their location in parenthesis. Obviously, all in existence can't be included.

This is not just the quality of the health care, but also the cleanliness of the hospital, speed specialized check ups are done, etc.

Reactions: andyt

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Should include Cedimat, I know its next to Plaza de Salud but a lot different ( from personal experience of both Cedimat is a lot better, Cleaner, modern equipment, better organized, ect.....)
As I understand it, CEDIMAT has to be on that list and is probably the top pick of all of them.

Reactions: JD Jones and malko

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have been in more medical facilities in the Dominican Republic than I ever intended to be.
I have had both good and bad experiences.
The only one I have ever received services at on the list above is Cedimat.
And compared to Plaza de Salud I would have to agree with everything XTraveller said.
But I still get most of my outpatient care at Plaza de Salud.
I started my health care here in the Dominican Republic with Plaza de Salud.
I am comfortable with the system and the doctors.
And I'd like to point out that the people in the health care system provide the care for me.
I've found all of the staff to be very helpful at Plaza de Salud with ZERO bad experiences.
Of course there is always tomorrow.
I cannot predict the future for all time.

dalethefarmer

Jan 27, 2014
I've only heard negative reviews of Hospital IMG in Bavaro, from a lot of people.

I had a good experience in the Centro Medico Punta Cana, very nice facility, have my family doctor, cardiologist and pediatrician there.

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I've only heard negative reviews of Hospital IMG in Bavaro, from a lot of people.

I had a good experience in the Centro Medico Punta Cana, very nice facility, have my family doctor, cardiologist and pediatrician there.
Agree on both IMG and Centro Medico. Been to both. There is a much smaller Clinic called Centro Medico Bavaro just a bit further on the same street as CM heading to Fruisa also. This clinic is owned by a Dr. Rodriguez and takes a lot of Dominican patients without insurance. But they do not charge these people too much. Actually when I have a small matter I always go there. I have insurance and can go to CM but I trust Dr. Rodriquez more than any Dr. I have met in the DR for any basic problem. If he can't help me he knows where to send me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've just come across another medical facility that I am going to check out. The name is CEMDOE and it's located on Ave. Luperon.

the website in English is https://cemdoe.com/EN/ and you can view their list of specialties by selecting the "specialties" option at the top of the page. The best interactive website I've seen here.

Three things give me an initial good impression:
1. A major portion of their website is in English.
2. Their medical records system is completely digital so all of your information is can be accessed by any of their doctors. That is a BIG plus for me. Something similar to what the VA Hospitals use.
3. They have quite a few 5 star reviews on Google.

They accept most insurance companies, and they have a computerized appointment system. If you have a 10am appointment, you're in front of your doctor at 10am sharp, something mentioned in many of their reviews.

Since they are located on Luperon Avenue, you get to avoid driving in the city.

Definitely worth a look.