Best Elegant Dining (Seafood) in Sto. Dom. ?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

I hope you are all safe and well.

My wife (dominicana) is turning 60 and wants private dining for just the two of us, without fanfare! What is the best bet in Sto. Dom. for seafood and fine dining? I'll give you an example of what I think is NOT fine dining: Villar Hermanos (atmosphere: check; menu selection: check BUT food mediocre and service poor). Some of my friends recommended Meson de Luis on Hostos near El Conde. I checked that out. The menu was in French and English. The last I heard the D.R. was a Spanish speaking country, and my wife speaks not one word of neither English nor French. Plus, there were no clients dining--a bad sign.

So with those negative examples out of the way, how about a positive example?

Any ideas? I might go there myself first to sample first and avoid disappointment as this is a one-shot deal . . .

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2004
Hello All,

I hope you are all safe and well.

My wife (dominicana) is turning 60 and wants private dining for just the two of us, without fanfare! What is the best bet in Sto. Dom. for seafood and fine dining? I'll give you an example of what I think is NOT fine dining: Villar Hermanos (atmosphere: check; menu selection: check BUT food mediocre and service poor). Some of my friends recommended Meson de Luis on Hostos near El Conde. I checked that out. The menu was in French and English. The last I heard the D.R. was a Spanish speaking country, and my wife speaks not one word of neither English nor French. Plus, there were no clients dining--a bad sign.

So with those negative examples out of the way, how about a positive example?

Any ideas? I might go there myself first to sample first and avoid disappointment as this is a one-shot deal . . .

Thanks!
No hesitation..................for seafood................Sully.............

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
@playacaribe2
Wonderful suggestion! I have no need to look elsewhere. This is just the kind of elegance I'm looking for. In addition, since they specialize in seafood, there's
a good chance that it is fresh. of good quality, and well prepared because a restaurant such as this likely as first dibs in the market compared to all the other places that sell a little on the side.

While looking at the map, I found a place nearby that is highly rated called "Little Desserts." This might be a place to check out after dinner in order to
bring a cake home.

For the information of others who might read this thread, note that Sully is closed on Monday. It's open Tuesday through Sunday. Further, lunch is served from 12 noon and then the restarurant closes at 4:20 and re-opens again at 6:30. So you have to decide in advance whether you want a day meal or a night meal. I think we'll opt for a day one since transportation, etc. is much easier to navigate. Thanks again.