Best flight prices from Santiago or Puerto Plata to Miami ?

Teacher

New member
Nov 27, 2004
112
0
0
I looked through the archives and searched cheaptickets, orbitz but wondering if any of you personally have a airline that flies the route above for a price better than $400 per person?
Thank you for your help
 

mwgarretson

New member
Mar 19, 2005
20
0
0
A short answer from someone in Miami.

Every Tuesday American Airlines runs international specials for specific dates on aa.com.

Miami to Santiago is always $139 round trip ($248.90 with taxes), and Miami to Puerta Plata is usually $179 (288.90 with taxes).

Those specials seem to hit about every 3 weeks. There is a decent one to La Romana ($149), and also sometimes Santo Domingo is $179.

Note that both Santiago and Puerta Plata ran last week, and expired on Friday. They'll be back soon!

Spirit Airlines also does Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo, for many times $125 plus taxes round trip!

Hope this helps!

Best, Michael
 

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
4,159
54
0
mwgarretson said:
Every Tuesday American Airlines runs international specials for specific dates on aa.com.

Miami to Santiago is always $139 round trip ($248.90 with taxes), and Miami to Puerta Plata is usually $179 (288.90 with taxes).

Those specials seem to hit about every 3 weeks. There is a decent one to La Romana ($149), and also sometimes Santo Domingo is $179.
I think the aa.com specials are only good for the weekend following the announcement (fly out on Friday/Saturday return the following Monday/Tuesday).
 

Teacher

New member
Nov 27, 2004
112
0
0
Werner said:
I wonder how good you search if you cant find the right topic. :classic:

Try forums, travel and then airline info. Or click on this: http://www.dr1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
I did find the information that you are referring to after I had written the original thread. I had only looked under one search.

Thanks to those of you who wrote with ideas. I did look at the AA sites and on the Spirit site. I believe that right now must be higher due to holiday and spring break. I remember in November AA was a little over $200. but the price for a week seems to be around 400 now. I was looking for March 30 for one week to Miami from Santiago so I believe that seems to be the best price.
 

duhtree

New member
Jun 2, 2003
414
0
0
The last special that I looked at was around $278 fro fll to pop and back. With a 90 day window of usage. And with change option, for a fee.
But, I think the question was " from the D.R. and back. And in my experience, I don't know why, those tickets are more expensive when originating in the D.R. Yes? No?
 

Teacher

New member
Nov 27, 2004
112
0
0
mwgarretson said:
A short answer from someone in Miami.

Every Tuesday American Airlines runs international specials for specific dates on aa.com.

Miami to Santiago is always $139 round trip ($248.90 with taxes), and Miami to Puerta Plata is usually $179 (288.90 with taxes).

Those specials seem to hit about every 3 weeks. There is a decent one to La Romana ($149), and also sometimes Santo Domingo is $179.

Note that both Santiago and Puerta Plata ran last week, and expired on Friday. They'll be back soon!

Spirit Airlines also does Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo, for many times $125 plus taxes round trip!

Hope this helps!

Best, Michael
Thanks Michael..I will look on Tuesday and also check out Spirit again. But it is 80 miles from Santiago to Santo Domingo someone said.
 

mwgarretson

New member
Mar 19, 2005
20
0
0
Teacher said:
Thanks Michael..I will look on Tuesday and also check out Spirit again. But it is 80 miles from Santiago to Santo Domingo someone said.
It goes fast, on a metro bus for $200 pesos ($7).

The spirit airlines tickets are good both ways (same prices). I see they are up for March. They will fall again soon. Demand & fuel prices, I imagine.

The aa.com tickets...you must leave on the next W, TH, or FR and return on the following M, T, or Wed. So you can get a week out of that. If you have specific dates you need to go...it is always a "wait & see" with American, as to which locales will be on their international getaways list for the coming week.

American has recently canceled any nonstop service from Fort Lauderdale, so you will have to deal with MIA. A real mess.

Good luck!