Best Florida Mail Forwarding Services?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
also, apparently EPS does not charge the annual fee. their price per pound may vary as they franchise local shops. so the price you pay in SD is different to POP or sosua.

Jan 17, 2009
They just charged us a renewal fee (can't remember how much) about two months ago

also, apparently EPS does not charge the annual fee. their price per pound may vary as they franchise local shops. so the price you pay in SD is different to POP or sosua.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I also switched to encargopaq after EPS told me the EMPTY zippo lighter I ordered from Amazon for 8$ was a special item and would cost 225$ to import.

Encargopaq had no problems with it, has a fixed price without all the add-ons of EPS of 146rds per pound. Very good service, although they once forgot to send an email to say my package arrived. Speed is pretty much the same.

We twice ordered an identical item from a store just below the 1lbs weight. Once through EPS in Cabarete... 312 rds, once through Encargopaq... 146 rds.

I have not used their homedelivery-service as yet as I pass there daily.

BelgianK

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
People using encargo paq I just signed up today do they give you a client number oor do you just go ahead and use the shipping address?
I also have EPS but sonce encargo Paq is cheape Im going to give them a try TIA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where are you located? cabarete? is your office in sosua/POP? as i said they do operate of franchise basis, rules for those offices are different. our local office is in santiago (despite us living in POP), we pay nada. miesposo says that you should negotiate with your local people...

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
I strongly recommend Jet Pack. 2 years of service and not one fault. $142 the pound if im not mistaken for 72hr service. Very often it gets on the next flight out and you get priority service for the price of regular service.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Does anybody know the rates per pound for Encargo Paq I belive I will be using them more just because EPS in Cabarete is closed Saturdays!! Also does anyone know the % tax you pay at EPS is it 16% on top of the weight fee. If Encargo Paq is good I will finally be able to subscribe to my favorite magazines again!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anybody know the rates per pound for Encargo Paq I belive I will be using them more just because EPS in Cabarete is closed Saturdays!! Also does anyone know the % tax you pay at EPS is it 16% on top of the weight fee. If Encargo Paq is good I will finally be able to subscribe to my favorite magazines again!

No idea on using EncargoPaq for mail. I just have experience for packages thus far and this is the information I have:

3.65 US per pound shipped by air from 0 to 70 pounds delivered to your door. Be aware that items purchased on Ebay are not "trusted" by DR customs. In other words, they can charge you import duties depending upon how they feel at any given moment on electronic items. DR Customs will always make up their own rules as they see fit.

In case you want to ship large items by sea, to give you a quote they need the following specifications: - Weight of the merchandise (in pounds) - Volume of the merchandise height x width x depth (in inches) - Value of the merchandise - Commodity (what type of merchandise is?) - How many boxes or pallets. This method is also door to door but for this they charge RD$30.00 per cubic feet extra. Containers are shipped on Thursdays with goods arriving the following Thursday Shipping address 10800 NW 103 St. Suite 5E Medley, FL 33178 USA Contact is Jacqueline Garrido Enc. Servicio al Cliente T. 809.560.5199 jacqueline@encargogroup.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
North Coast contact for EncargoPaq is

<dl id="yui_3_4_1_1_1344205825943_1036" class="details"><dt id="yui_3_4_1_1_1344205825943_1035">Primary Email:</dt><dd class="icn user-email">emanuel@encargogroup.com</dd><dt>Mobile:</dt><dd class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809 723 4174

Emanuel is from Argentina, but does speak English .
</dd></dl>

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I have lost a few things with the EPS service over the last 9 years and quite often post has been opened and not resealed. Some people reckon the service run from the Western Union office in Sosua is much better and cheaper, but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Encargo is 146 rds per pound, everything included, if you stay under 200 US$...

BelgianK

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encargo is 146 rds per pound, everything included, if you stay under 200 US$...

BelgianK

And it isn't a piece of electronics from Ebay that customs thinks is worth more despite the invoice. I had to pay duty on a used laptop that was under $200 US that I won on Ebay but customs still charged a fee for it.