Best Hospital in Sto. Dom. ?

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Ivermectin is recommended for mild to moderate cases when the patient is still ambulatory (at home, self-care) and not for the more advanced runaway cytokine response. I have ivermectin, doxycyline, a pulse oximeter, and graph paper for charting oxygen saturation and temps. in my First Aid kit. If I even have cold/flu symptoms, and I'm not sure if it is COVID, I will take a low dose of ivermectin prophylactically. I cannot cite the report but one physician in a hospital in the D.R. recommends 400 mcg per kg of bodyweight. (Multiply mcg by kg, then divide by 1000 to get mg). For me this would be about 33 mg. Still investigating whether this is a single dose or distributed among divided doses. If anosmia or other indications of COVID, I will ramp up the dosage. If my O2 saturation starts heading south, I'm calling 911.

I have read the four or so original research articles on ivermectin, and I have them. Later, I want to add to the ivermectin thread by introducing and summarizing these articles. When I look at the posting menu, I can find no way to attach documents. Is the only way to share by private PM?
I am an Ivermectin believer and started a thread on Ivermectin back in March of last year (I think). I also have the same regimen you have and have read about various doctors who take Ivermectin prophylactically with no side effects.

As far as the articles, you can do a simple copy/paste and post it here.

You may want to revise previous threads here first. I'd bet the articles you possess have already been posted.

Yourmaninvegas

Speaking truth to power is disruptive
Feb 16, 2016
-
Hello All,

Should I ever be COVID positive and require hospitalization, I would like to know which is the best hospital in the capital both in reputation and fact. I am assuming that it is, to quote its long name, Hospital General de la Plaza de la Salud. Are there others that are better or equivalent?

I would rather plan for this possibility while I am healthy.
Received good care in Plaza de Salud. I have tests done in CEDIMAT.

Yourmaninvegas

Speaking truth to power is disruptive
Feb 16, 2016
-
I am pleased that my country has been able to assist you with your difficulties.
I am glad you found pleasure in my post. Just like you have in so many of my others where you have chosen to respond.
But the unfortunate truth of the situation for you in your glowing moment of pride is the 🇩🇴 did not do a thing for me medically.
It was the hard working doctors, nurses and administrative people that have spent their lives taking care of health issues of individuals who entrusted their care to them at Plaza de Salud and CEDIMAT.

Those are the ones who assisted me with my health issues and administered my tests. I just happened to be in 🇩🇴 when they did. Just like all the other medical professionals have done in my country of origin or in any of the other countries I have been in when I have needed medical assistance. I am thankful for that.

So, jump up and down. Scream goal‼️And give me a fist bump. Your fellow Dominicans took good care of me. And, I feel good.🕺

Mike drop. 🤣

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I am glad you found pleasure in my post. Just like you have in so many of my others where you have chosen to respond.
But the unfortunate truth of the situation for you in your glowing moment of pride is the 🇩🇴 did not do a thing for me medically.
It was the hard working doctors, nurses and administrative people that have spent their lives taking care of health issues of individuals who entrusted their care to them at Plaza de Salud and CEDIMAT.

Those are the ones who assisted me with my health issues and administered my tests. I just happened to be in 🇩🇴 when they did. Just like all the other medical professionals have done in my country of origin or in any of the other countries I have been in when I have needed medical assistance. I am thankful for that.

So, jump up and down. Scream goal‼️And give me a fist bump. Your fellow Dominicans took good care of me. And, I feel good.🕺

Mike drop. 🤣

Not a problem.
Please click the thumbs up, and hit subscribe.
You are always welcome in my country of birth, but you should really try to live a healthier lifestyle. We do not need further burdens upon the healthcare system here. After all, we are just a developing nation.