Best Hotel Resort?

We had friends that stayed at Dreams Macao recently and they loved it. Newer resort and price wise seemed ok. But with all I am hearing about the beach conditions not sure Punta Cana is where I would go right now. The Hilton La Romana Adult side I have heard is pretty nice as well as the beach in that area. Congrats on your anniversary.
We have a condo in El Cortecito and our friends that live full time at Stanza Mare speak very highly about the Dreams of Macao and I know from firsthand pictures the seaweed is minimal there.

Reactions: keepcoming

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Stanza Mare was nice, we actually looked at condo's there (some had lofts, lower kitchen ceiling heights?). Been in Santo Domingo now for over 23 years, been looking at Punta Cana area. But yes our friends liked Dreams Macao (I remember the beach area as very nice). Have friends right now at Live Aqua so waiting to see how they liked it since it is a newer resort.

Reactions: ALLOR925

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I am in Cap Cana right now and the whole area smells like rotten eggs because of tons of rotten seaweeds. It's got even worse after the last week's storm passed by.

I hope it will get better eventually, but this year Sargassum seaweed smell worse than ever before. And of course, it's totally impossible to swim in the ocean. They are everywhere, from Boca Chica to Bavaro, in some places less, in some more, but anyway, if you want to swim in the ocean this summer, go to North Coast or Samana.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I am in Cap Cana right now and the whole area smells like rotten eggs because of tons of rotten seaweeds. It's got even worse after the last week's storm passed by.

I hope it will get better eventually, but this year Sargassum seaweed smell worse than ever before. And of course, it's totally impossible to swim in the ocean. They are everywhere, from Boca Chica to Bavaro, in some places less, in some more, but anyway, if you want to swim in the ocean this summer, go to North Coast or Samana.
Yesterday I was at Cap Cana playing golf and there was absolutely no rotten seaweed at all now is there any in Boca de Yuma nor Bayahibe nor in La Romana ,,Just post some photos of the rotten seaweed and maybe of yourself in Cap Cana right now.

Jan 9, 2004
Yesterday I was at Cap Cana playing golf and there was absolutely no rotten seaweed at all now is there any in Boca de Yuma nor Bayahibe nor in La Romana ,,Just post some photos of the rotten seaweed and maybe of yourself in Cap Cana right now.

FYI, The post you reference is from 2021.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Kipling333

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I have stayed at a number of hotels and AI's in the Bavaro area. For us - the best AI was RIU Palace Punta Cana. Please note it is NOT in Punta Cana - it is just the name of one of 4 or 5 RIU's in the RIU complex in Bavaro. Really top-notch excellent buffet ( I know I know - some people can't stand buffets but this could change your mind.) As well as a Japanese, Italian, Brazilian, a Steak House and a Fusion restaurant. Plus it is close to Iberostar and Hard Rock golf courses. Most memorable for us.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
BTW I took a like at PC resorts today........everything seems very expensive. It seems about 2X more expensive than in recent years.

Reactions: Kipling333

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have stayed at a number of hotels and AI's in the Bavaro area. For us - the best AI was RIU Palace Punta Cana. Please note it is NOT in Punta Cana - it is just the name of one of 4 or 5 RIU's in the RIU complex in Bavaro. Really top-notch excellent buffet ( I know I know - some people can't stand buffets but this could change your mind.) As well as a Japanese, Italian, Brazilian, a Steak House and a Fusion restaurant. Plus it is close to Iberostar and Hard Rock golf courses. Most memorable for us.
Been there twice. It compares to the Hard Rock but at half the price.

Reactions: Astucia

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is definitely a lot more expensive...but they're practically full. I don't understand it.
Which country in the Caribbean has the most tourists?
There is no place in the Caribbean with more tourists than here. However you can get a good price booking in certain months over others. Best prices in PC you will find will be in September. Of course the high season starting at the end of November the prices are highest...........

Image result for top tourist country in the caribbean

Dominican Republic

1. Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is the most visited island in the Caribbean.Nov 8, 2022
https://www.caribbeanandco.com/10-most-visited-caribbean-islands/

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I have been looking at Finest and Live Aqua. I am leaning towards trying Finest (Excellence Club). Depending on dates there are some decent prices. Dreams Flora is a new resort that was to be opening soon (may be open at this time). We have friends that love the Sanctuary Cap Cana.

Jan 9, 2004
I have been looking at Finest and Live Aqua. I am leaning towards trying Finest (Excellence Club). Depending on dates there are some decent prices. Dreams Flora is a new resort that was to be opening soon (may be open at this time). We have friends that love the Sanctuary Cap Cana.

Yes to Sanctuary. While I have not stayed there, I did visit to look around while at Tortuga Bay. It definitely has a more upscale vibe than many of the other AI’s in PC.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
How is the

HOTEL RIU NAIBOA. IT IS 76,320 PESOS FOR TWO ROOMS, 4 ADULTS FOR 3 NIGHTS.​

From someone who does business with many of the hotels…….” Naiboa is a the lowest end hotel in the RIU complex of 5 hotels. It tends to attract college spring breakers, the lower classes from here, Europe and the US.”

AI’s he does business with but would not recommend to family and friends also included Whalabavaro, Be Live, Princess and VIK.

Good luck with your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: AlaPlaya

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
From someone who does business with many of the hotels…….” Naiboa is a the lowest end hotel in the RIU complex of 5 hotels. It tends to attract college spring breakers, the lower classes from here, Europe and the US.”

AI’s he does business with but would not recommend to family and friends also included Whalabavaro, Be Live, Princess and VIK.

Good luck with your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
My wive booked the Melia Caribe beach resort.

Reactions: keepcoming

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is definitely a lot more expensive...but they're practically full. I don't understand it.
I think that the prices are high and the hotels are full because at present the US dollar is so strong and the majority of guests in the Punta Cana /Bavaro area are from the USA. this can be said also about other Caribbean resort areas.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think that the prices are high and the hotels are full because at present the US dollar is so strong and the majority of guests in the Punta Cana /Bavaro area are from the USA. this can be said also about other Caribbean resort areas.
They might be a majority but I can tell you that more than half and in some spots a lot more are not from the US. We get people from all over the world. Just check the flight arrivals at PUJ and you will see what I am talking about............

Reactions: AlaPlaya