Best Hotel Resort?

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I'm curious to hear some feedback and why and based on your experience for any hotel resort in Punta Cana/Bavraro area. I'm planning to go stay for a weekend in August so I would like to hear some of your words.

Thanks

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have stayed at 2 different resorts, The Hard Rock and the Hotel Riu Palace. The Hard Rock is probably around 30% more expensive (I'm guessing). I don't feel we got our money's worth at the Hard Rock, although I have no complaints outside of the price. If I go back, it will probably be to one of the Riu's.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This past year we stayed in 3 or 4 different ones. The one that was by far the best this year was Majestic Mirage. Top quality food and drink, they kept children in children areas, excellent staff and our room was completely first class.

In the past years I always liked the Excellence hotels. Punta Cana as it's older and has a lot of charm. El Carmen as it's newer and quite modern. Both for the reasons we liked Majestic as well. The food in the Excellence Punta Cana was a bit better but that's a personal thing and who knows if the same cooks will be back. Both Excellence hotels are in Uvero Alto which is 25 minutes from Bavaro.

You get what you pay for.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
I like Adults Only, so I thought the Bahia Principe Ambar was very good, although the waves are very big and the water only seemed calm a few days that I was there. I am going to TRS Turquesa in July and I have been told its even better that the Bahia Principe Ambar and the Barcelo Bavaro Beach.

NicBzio

NicZio
Aug 1, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Check out the resorts in Dominicus Beach, Bayahibe. Personally, I prefer that location. True Caribbean Sea. Minimal algae. Quaint town of Bayahibe a mile from the A-1s. Stayed at Viva Wyndham in March. Walked the streets outside resort, rode the buses. Back in August … Unsure of which resort. You may also want to book an excursion to Mano Juan, Saona Island/Canto de la Playa. Never in my life have I seen anything more beautiful!!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
If I were looking for a place to celebrate my tenth anniversary of marriage (lol-fat chance), I would definitely check out the Palladium Bavaro.
Emphasis on the Bavaro.
It's been a while but, the grounds/gardens are spectacular, the food is good and the beach is pretty nice.
It is also centrally located so that if the urge to mix with the locals should arise, they are not far away...walking distance.
El Cortecito is right next door.
Not out in the boonies. I hate that.
Anyways, good luck and in anticipation of the big day...Congratulations!

Reactions: ALLOR925

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
A lot of people have been raving about the new Hyatt Zilara in Cap Cana. This is much more expensive, and definitely a different more upscale product to the usual Bavaro offering. In case you don't know, Cap Cana is a gated community very close to Punta Cana airport.

Also worth bearing in mind that this year a lot of the hotels in Bavaro are playing "Covid catch-up" trying to operate with a lot less staff, worse food, less toiletries, less facilities (i.e. a lot of restaurants and bars closed) than previously in an attempt to claw back some of the money they have lost. They are now up to around 60% occupancy but a lot of staff have not yet come back, so this leads to lines for drinks, lines for food, less facilities. I would definitely recommend that you look very carefully at recent reviews for anywhere you are considering booking, and focus on the reviews with negative comments as these won't have been put up by the hotel's marketing department.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
We had friends that stayed at Dreams Macao recently and they loved it. Newer resort and price wise seemed ok. But with all I am hearing about the beach conditions not sure Punta Cana is where I would go right now. The Hilton La Romana Adult side I have heard is pretty nice as well as the beach in that area. Congrats on your anniversary.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
This past year we stayed in 3 or 4 different ones. The one that was by far the best this year was Majestic Mirage. Top quality food and drink, they kept children in children areas, excellent staff and our room was completely first class.

In the past years I always liked the Excellence hotels. Punta Cana as it's older and has a lot of charm. El Carmen as it's newer and quite modern. Both for the reasons we liked Majestic as well. The food in the Excellence Punta Cana was a bit better but that's a personal thing and who knows if the same cooks will be back. Both Excellence hotels are in Uvero Alto which is 25 minutes from Bavaro.

You get what you pay for.
I agree Magestic Mirage is the best one of the 4 I have stayed at there...all the rooms are first class suites, everything from hot tub on the balconey...to a dumb waiter, giant bedroom, full bar, even had phones in the bathrooms........

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I'm curious to hear some feedback and why and based on your experience for any hotel resort in Punta Cana/Bavraro area. I'm planning to go stay for a weekend in August so I would like to hear some of your words.

Thanks
Stayed at Iberostar and Grand Palladium. Typical larger resorts with multiple sections.......much rather prefer Grand Palladium.
Mapa-GP-TRS-Punta%20Cana-grd.jpg

See the larger pink coded buildings E19, E18, E17 in the Bavaro Suites section, get a rooftop unit. You get a whirlpool tub on an outside rooftop patio and some have ocean views. Very affordable. There are 2 buffets on the beach so you get a great breeze, nice gym spa, and a bunch of restaurants. Here are the buildings, the first one is a condo building.
GrandPalladiumBavaro_3.jpg

Rooftop patio, called a

ROOFTOP TERRACE JUNIOR SUITE​

gallery-4.jpg

Reactions: jd426

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
If you want a truely great experience.. go to playa Dorado and stay at Colonial House...look that one up...........

Reactions: JD Jones

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Stayed at Iberostar and Grand Palladium. Typical larger resorts with multiple sections.......much rather prefer Grand Palladium.
Mapa-GP-TRS-Punta%20Cana-grd.jpg

See the larger pink coded buildings E19, E18, E17 in the Bavaro Suites section, get a rooftop unit. You get a whirlpool tub on an outside rooftop patio and some have ocean views. Very affordable. There are 2 buffets on the beach so you get a great breeze, nice gym spa, and a bunch of restaurants. Here are the buildings, the first one is a condo building.
GrandPalladiumBavaro_3.jpg

Rooftop patio, called a

ROOFTOP TERRACE JUNIOR SUITE​

gallery-4.jpg

Oh my, I looked up and I found this room that has rooftop terrance but $7,000 a night??
puntacana.png

I'm lost here ..

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Different section and room that seems to be a large apartment. The one I posted is normally around 1,400 for a week including airfare.
Airfare? Impossible. I'm flyin in SDQ then spend for short before head to PC for weekend then fly back home.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Airfare? Impossible. I'm flyin in SDQ then spend for short before head to PC for weekend then fly back home.
Looks like the rooftop units might go fast, but the others.

Staying 3 Nights from 8/20/2021 to 8/23/2021, the following rooms are available:

Reactions: cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Please read the other thread on DR1 about seaweed in Punta Cana / Bavaro and don't have super-high expectations this year. There is a lot of Covid Catch Up" going on, places are definitely trying to cut corners and are not fully staffed. And there's still a curfew which doesn't affect AI guests but does affect the service the AI's can deliver. I would really urge you not to spend serious money on this or come expecting a perfect (or even normal) vacation because this year is very very different.

Reactions: Bahoruco
Jan 9, 2004
The reason I asked because I want to pick the best resort to celebrate my 10th anniversary of my marriage in August so I want make it special.
If you truly want to make it special, then I suggest Tortuga Bay Hotel inside the Punta Cana Resort and Club. Just returned from there after a couple of grueling days in Caucedo dealing with Aduana.

It is my favorite go to non-AI in Punta Cana. Breakfast is included and the restaurants on premises (Yola/Bamboo) were both excellent.

Opt for a Junior suite ocean front.

It is not cheap, but not outrageously expensive.

Wherever you choose..........enjoy your 10th anniversary.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: AlaPlaya