Best internet connection in Sosua

Apreton

Sep 26, 2004
Anyone knows where I can get decent internet connection in Sosua. I continue doing some work on vacation and internet speed is crucial for me. Apartments I rent dont always have a good internet signal. Are there any hotels or restaurants with decent internet signal in Sosua?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I use Delancer and have for years and find them to be the most reliable over the long haul.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Anyone knows where I can get decent internet connection in Sosua. I continue doing some work on vacation and internet speed is crucial for me. Apartments I rent dont always have a good internet signal. Are there any hotels or restaurants with decent internet signal in Sosua?
Try to find a rental that has Claro fiber optic.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
I appreciate the timeliness of this thread. I am contemplating a return to the area as overall internet has improved vastly since the fibe was rolled out. I have a position where I am interviewing medical patients via internet and would require a super solid signal, but no great need for bandwidth as Skype and other forms of online video comm generally do not use much in bandwidth but rely on a carrier signal embedded within the internet signal. I have seen spectacularly good speed tests from Ocean One, and also Kite Beach, no jitter, fast ping, and 80/50 speeds. I am wondering this: considering the critical nature of my work would it be advisable to have TWO subscriptions, for redundancy. Conversely, considering the critical nature, am I being foolish to consider it...These days Windows thin clients are cheap and use almost no electricity, generate no heat, and online platforms are evolving fast, the only thing left is signal consistency. I appreciate your comments.

Reactions: JD Jones

Apreton

Sep 26, 2004
Thank you for the replies. It's probably signal interruption that makes a difference in my case. I run long queries to retrieve data (up to 30 min). They take about twice as long there sometimes but when the signal gets lost I need to start over. I can try a wifi signal booster/repeater to see whether it will help the speed issue.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Thank you for the replies. It's probably signal interruption that makes a difference in my case. I run long queries to retrieve data (up to 30 min). They take about twice as long there sometimes but when the signal gets lost I need to start over. I can try a wifi signal booster/repeater to see whether it will help the speed issue.

Don't use boosters/repeaters. They will add latency and noise. If you need stronger signal - get your own router and hook it up to the original modem. If you can - connect your laptop with an ethernet cable, not via wifi.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Unless the Op clarifies the source of the info posted pronto, I think this thread should be deleted in its entirety.
How about almost entirely? Way too shady for my taste. I eliminated everything off topic.

Reactions: NanSanPedro