Best Pizza In DR...

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
I agree the Tiger Mart in Puerto Plata has really good pizza and Dominios too in Santiago. In Rio San Juan there is a pizzeria called Chef Pikito and he makes really good, thin crust pizza ....it mostly busy there on Saturday and Sundays with Dominican families. Nice atmosphere.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I like Pizzarelli's pizza the best, it reminds me of papa john's here in the u.s. the crust isn't greasy. My favorite, cheese ham and corn!

I would however advize that you stay away from thin crust pizza's, I've had it at Pizzarelli and Pizza Hut, and the Pizza Hut crust tasted like one big soda cracker (yuck for a pizza!) The Pizzarelli pizza was better, better to stick with hand tossed or deep dish.

I do believe Pizzarelli is a Dominican franchise, and not U.S. based. I think it was born from former Peace Corps Volunteers that served in the DR.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]amparocorp[/B] said:
in SDQ there is (or was) a McDowells hamburger place that looked just like a real McD's,,,,,,,,,,,i bet it made the folks at McD's pissed and i so truly love that..... enjoy
McDowells closed years ago, driven out of business by Ronald. And irony of ironies... there's a McDonalds in its place now.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
kj.....there's Pizzarelli's all over Atlanta, Georgia! So I don't think they're Dominican but I could be wrong. Seen them in New York state also. They're mainly in the big malls.

If you really want the best pizza in the DR, you have to come visit me when I'm making pizza!
I make a Napolitan dough, covered in fresh tomato sauce with oregano,basil,garlic and onions, TreStella mozzarella, garnished with peperoni, procuitto, mushrooms, black olives, peppers, chili's (if you like it hot) then baked on a pizza stone seasoned with oak essence in a 500F oven. Not quite as good as a wood oven but close......very close!!
If you'd prefer Canadian/American style pizza I use the dough recipe from Pat & Mario's and garnish however you'd like!
MMMMMnnnnnn!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
so did they franchise it in the States or do they own the francise rights for the DR???
Anyone know???

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
PIZZAS

Vesuvio pizza is one of the best in the DR. Nice base with quality cheese and toppings. Though the waiters are not like they used to be. They have become very arrogant, probably because of the all the tourists they now deal with. Also recently when I went to eat in their restaurant on the seafront. When I asked for some blackpepper for my pasta the waiter did not know what I was talking about.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Snuffy said:
Hey Johnny,

Is Blue Paradise located at the east end of Caberete? Last time I was in Caberete there was a guy remodeling his pizza place. Wondering if that was it.
Snuffy
East,West i am lost in any city.Coming into Cabarete from Sosua its on the right hand side,its not only apizzeria,it serves incredible breakfasts and is the only place i know that serves poutines,fries with melted cheese and gravy for you non connaiseurs,anyway one of the best value and quality restaurants in Cabarete:cool:

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
You can't knock the pizza at Tigermart until you try it. I have had many of my friends from the States (NYC included) and Canada try it and they can not believe how good it is.

When I need the brick oven smell that is when I go to Sole Mio

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Regina means "heaven" in Italian

amparocorp said:
but the best pizza i ever had was from Pizza Regina, in the North End, (italian neighborhood), in Boston......

Amen on a popsicle stick my brutha!!

When I saw this OP I immediately thought of Pizza Regina in Boston. I was saying to myself, these people have no idea what they're missing.

I guess someone actually does.

I'd eat my left arm right now for just a half eaten piece of the crust....found on the floor....from the night before.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I agree, Tigermart is good pizza, especially when you are hungry like a wolf at 3am in the morning.
But what about pricesmart pizza, has anyone tried it yet? Really good pizza, NYC style large slice with ingredients of your choice.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Blue Paradise in Cabarete

the landmark to look for is the miniature golf course. Blue Paradise is literally on that golf course.

And now, for my credibility offering: I lived in NYC for many years--does the phrase John's Pizza mean anything to you?

followed by the endorsement: Blue Paradise's pizza is the best one I have had on the North Coast of the DR

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
The best pizza I ate was at "pala pizza" in DR, it was a plain cheese pizza with some kind of herbs. It was really good....

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
MommC said:
If they're serving "poutine" somebody there must be French-Canadian.......
The original owners were from Quebec,sold it to swiss people and they sold it to ???:bandit: