Best place/price for quick turn around covid testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
Need to go back to the US and they require a negative covid test 3 days prior to traveling back. Anyone have any info on the best place to get the test and have results provided within 3 days? I'm closet to Puerto Plata, in Rio San Juan.

Thanks

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Río San Juan.???

go to Cabrera..... Dr Cruz .... not de la Cruz.....Cruz

3,000 pesos.... re#ults in 30 minutes
i did it last week.... Saturday for Monday flight

he‘s open 7 days/week

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
What about other tests for other countries? Does the EU require and is it the same s the US? What about Canada? England? Other places?

Thanks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canada requires a true PCR test that takes longer and costs more (are there even flights to Canada yet?)

US needs a simple, quick and cheaper antigen test. Why get a PCR test when an antigen test will do for the US?

EU, no idea.

Reactions: Michael DR

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Thanks gentlemen. Let me rephrase my question. There are flights to Canada through other countries but I understand that you still need a PCR test to enter even if walking across the border. Where are those available and does anyone know the cost?

What about Spain, Portugal or Italy, just for examples? Thanks

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
CMC in Sosua was charging 4400 pesos for the PCR test last I heard.

As far as I know, European countries either require a negative covid test to enter, or in some cases have still banned international flights. Some require a negative test plus quarantine after entering.

Reactions: Michael DR

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
CMC in Sosua was charging 4400 pesos for the PCR test last I heard.
CMC has never offered a legitimate PCR DNA test. What they do offer is an antigen test with the sample collected with a swab from the throat or the nose as well as a rapid blood antigen test. Both good for entry into the USA and maybe elsewhere but not what Canada wants even with the letters PCR on the test results.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Thanks gentlemen. Let me rephrase my question. There are flights to Canada through other countries but I understand that you still need a PCR test to enter even if walking across the border. Where are those available and does anyone know the cost?

What about Spain, Portugal or Italy, just for examples? Thanks
Just to clarify the question about "walking across the border" - I assume you are referring to land-crossings into Canada from the USA. To do this you must have a test obtained in the USA. Even though you had a similar test from the DR that allowed you to enter the USA.

I know of MANY who have done this - it's why many have had an overnight stay in Buffalo. They arrived there via connections in Miami or Charlotte and it was too late to be tested that day. So they re-tested the next morning and entered Canada. The test obtained in the DR is not acceptable.

So they had the same test administered twice.

Reactions: alke

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was posted somewhere here that a tent outside JFK did the Cdn test for free....

The travelers then went on Buffalo on the last flight of the day

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It was posted somewhere here that a tent outside JFK did the Cdn test for free....

The travelers then went on Buffalo on the last flight of the day
Typically, a PCR test takes six hours from start to finish to complete.. that’s fast tracking it..

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Typically, a PCR test takes six hours from start to finish to complete.. that’s fast tracking it..
No - the test William is referring to is NOT THE CANADIAN TEST THAT IS REQUIRED TO FLY INTO CANADA'S MAJOR AIRPORTS.
It is the same test that Diagnostico Medico Lab in Cabarete ( for example ) that is called COVID-19 (AG) test.

William perhaps confused some by calling it the "Canadian" test. But I can assure you it is not the "PCR DNA test". It is an antigen test and that is all that is required when entering Canada by land. And of course it must be obtained in the US. That is why people flying from here to the US and then doing a land-crossing into Canada need to be tested twice. The first Antigen test obtained here in the DR is not accepted at the land border crossing into Canada.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, this was a land crossing at Buffalo - as I said….

Are you saying the ‘Tent Test’ works for land crossings ?

If so, that’s all anybody needs to know…..

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Yes, this was a land crossing at Buffalo - as I said….

Are you saying the ‘Tent Test’ works for land crossings ?

If so, that’s all anybody needs to know…..
Yes

I was trying to clarify that Lifeisgreat was commenting that a true PCR test couldn't be done in such a short time at JFK. And that is correct
There are 2 tests required to enter Canada - 1 is the Antigen test when crossing by land - and one is the real DNA PCR test when flying into Canada .

Status
Not open for further replies.