Best public bathroom in DR.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In Santo Domingo the toilets in the Intercontinental on the Malecon are nice. Well the ladies' room is anyway. And JW Marriott in Churchill also has nice toilets.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Super Pola in Sosua does a pretty good job of keeping their bathrooms clean. On the other hand, the bathrooms in Jumbo in Pto. Plata were surprisingly disgusting.

Reactions: slowmo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I’m sure I can top that. Years ago we were on a south coast beach and I asked where the bathroom was. They pointed me to a small block building, about half the size of a typical garage. I thought “okay, not bad”. I opened the door, and laughed out loud. There was a hole in the floor in the middle of the room with low sloped sides (think ant hill). Nothing else!
You should try them in the Middle East - talk about gross

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
a bidet would be a nice touch, but many would wonder why a drinking fountain was in the restroom next to the toilet.
I had a bidet in my apartment in Puerto Rico. It was grate for cleaning mud off my shoes

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The best ones are the ones that 99% of us here don't even have access to.
If 99% of us don't have access to them can they still be called a public bathroom?
The private check in bathroom at Majestic Mirage is nicer than most houses I have seen but you have to be in that part of the hotel to use it.
The bathrooms at Downtown Mall Punta Cana are really clean. Keep in mind that I have never been in there when a maid is not in there too

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In Santo Domingo the toilets in the Intercontinental on the Malecon are nice. Well the ladies' room is anyway. And JW Marriott in Churchill also has nice toilets.
Intercontinental hasn't been in the malecón area for quite a few years.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Public bathrooms in the stores here are pretty clean. There’s usually maids cleaning & mopping the floor as I use the toilet. Er, um, hello there, how are you today? I’d say the best must be in the presidential palace.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I frequent Parque Enriquillo a lot on my way down to the ZC. Because I'm old i can't old it anymore so I'm always using the APTPRA one across from the park. There is always a matron there who keeps it fairly ungross. The Boca Chica guagua station also has one and I used it...once...and no more.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I frequent Parque Enriquillo a lot on my way down to the ZC. Because I'm old i can't old it anymore so I'm always using the APTPRA one across from the park. There is always a matron there who keeps it fairly ungross. The Boca Chica guagua station also has one and I used it...once...and no more
Words to live by are "once you pass 60 never go by a functional bathroom without using it". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Nice answer

Maria ; how did you get In to those 5 stars luxury hotels ? I thought it was heavily guarded by 8 foot armed doormans , not to mention the front desk Staff who thinks they are better than the rest of the population

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You can visit these hotels, there are restaurants, bars, etc... I find that there are more "locals" than tourists in the restaurants and bars.

Reactions: JD Jones and Big