Best Resort Possible in Puerto Plata

Moose93

Feb 27, 2008
Hello All,

I am planning a trip next week to Puerto Plata and I am looking to stay in the best resort possible, (5 Stars preferred)

I have been to Punta Cana and stayed in the Paradisus hotel and Resort and had a MAGNIFICENT TIME!!

I am looking for something like that but there is no Paradisus in Puerto Plata.

I heard Iberostar and Barcelo are the best ones but when I look on line they get ratings of good but not great.

Anyone have any suggestions?? If so it would be most helpful. Thank you all!!

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Take a look at the 3 RIU's just out side of Puerto Plata in Maimon. RIU MAMBO, RIU Merenge, RIU Bachata. Bachata is the better of the 3, thoug we enjoy the Merengue. You can use all 3 except for dinner.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hello All,

I am planning a trip next week to Puerto Plata and I am looking to stay in the best resort possible, (5 Stars preferred)

I have been to Punta Cana and stayed in the Paradisus hotel and Resort and had a MAGNIFICENT TIME!!

I am looking for something like that but there is no Paradisus in Puerto Plata.

I heard Iberostar and Barcelo are the best ones but when I look on line they get ratings of good but not great.

Anyone have any suggestions?? If so it would be most helpful. Thank you all!!

While the suggestion of the RIU complex in Puerto Plata is accepatable (we ahve stayed there), it is certainly not anywhere close to the league of the Paradissus in Punta Cana.
I think your best bet would be the Iberostar Costa Dorada or the Non-inclusive Casa Colonial in Playa Dorada which is an exclusive 20 room boutique hotel.
In my experience, Puerto Plata doesnt really offer that level of hotel.

Good luck!

Oops, just saw the date of the original post...I think I missed the boat!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Oops, just saw the date of the original post...I think I missed the boat!
Wouldn't be the first time now WOULD it?? ;):cheeky:??

Mind you, anyone who waits to one week before going firm on 'An Exclusive & % star style' hotel on the north coast DISERVES to have you 'miss the boat'!!

See you soon? I need some flints for my lighters!! ~ Grahame

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
casa colonial

did paradisus palma real with royal service and tortuga bay
next week going to casa colonial inside playa dorada
have done inbero. and riu and they arent same level
bigger money though for these places