Best Restaurants in Santo Domingo

B

bigbird

mountainannie...you lived in Gazcue, i believe...

ever been to Hermanos Villar? not a gourmet place, but great for a quick breakfast

hahahaha, mountainannie knows that place blindfolded. Actually Villar Hnos should not even be mentioned in a thread about Best Restaurants in Santo Domingo. Villar Hnos and best restaurant should also not be used in the same sentence.

T

the gorgon

hahahaha, mountainannie knows that place blindfolded. Actually Villar Hnos should not even be mentioned in a thread about Best Restaurants in Santo Domingo. Villar Hnos and best restaurant should also not be used in the same sentence.

notice where i said it is not a gourmet place...maybe not even should be called a restaurant. however, whenever i have to go to SantoDomingo to look for a car, i get some great breakfasts there, with great coffee. who does not want mashed potatoes, fried eggs, and bacalao for breakfast..

you old snob, you.

M

Mauricio

Been so long since I've gone to Acropolis I didn't even know there was a Tony Roma's there.

Used to, but closed some years ago. It was downstairs on Calle andres julio aybar street. A bit hidden. The new place, Okra, made a big entrance, can’t miss it now if you pass by.

J

jeanchris

I moved to Santiago recently and I can say by far the only thing i miss from SD are tje restaurants!

Lived there 7 years and visited a ton of restaurants in the city, some or my favorite restaurants in no specific order would be:

- La Cassina
- Il Bacareto
- Il Camineto (best pizza I ever had, god I miss it!)
- Time
- Shibuya
- Pate Palo
- Laurel

Cheaper eats :
- Coyo taco
- La Libanesa

J

JDJones

I moved to Santiago recently and I can say by far the only thing i miss from SD are tje restaurants!

Lived there 7 years and visited a ton of restaurants in the city, some or my favorite restaurants in no specific order would be:

- La Cassina
- Il Bacareto
- Il Camineto (best pizza I ever had, god I miss it!)
- Time
- Shibuya
- Pate Palo
- Laurel

Cheaper eats :
- Coyo taco
- La Libanesa

What did you think of El Meson Iberia? Cantabrico de Elias?

J

jeanchris

Il Scarpeta was one o5 my favorite restaurant in SD 2- 3years ago, when the previous owner sold/moved it wasn't the same at all in my opinion!

R

rafael

Used to, but closed some years ago. It was downstairs on Calle andres julio aybar street. A bit hidden. The new place, Okra, made a big entrance, can’t miss it now if you pass by.

Sarasota is the only remaining tony roma’s I guess. That was the origina location. Had beef ribs for brief time. Love beef ribs.
Then malecon center came and went. Santiago opened and closed, pretty sure there was one in punta cana for a while and acropolis was the last to come and go. Coincidentally the guy that manages hooters in acropolis was a bartender at the original tony roma’s on sarasota back in 2002.

R

rafael

Have not been to new Don Nestor in plaza espana yet. They used to be very good on lope de vega.

M

Mauricio

I went to Okra last night and must say it’s one of the best experiences I’ve had in DR. Places like SBG and Pat’e palo never fail but Okra is definitely up there and better priced.