Best Route to Cabarete from Santiago

Obi1

Jan 13, 2021
Gurabo, Santiago
What is the best way to Cabarete from Santiago? I’ve taken HWY 25 before but I’d rather not travel on it until it’s finished. I’ve never taken HWY 21 so I was hoping to get some opinions on that route if anyone had any. Thanks!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Highway 21 is rough in spots and you have to keep your eye open for potholes, but it's a far better option than HWY 25 IMO.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For me it depends which side of Santiago I'm visiting. For the east I take the Sabaneta/Moca road and for the west I take the via Turistica passing POP airport.

Reactions: Buzzard

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
For me it depends which side of Santiago I'm visiting. For the east I take the Sabaneta/Moca road and for the west I take the via Turistica passing POP airport.
Speaking of the Turistica Road......It is very much improved, and very significant, multiple spots with large crews and everyone actually working, work is being done. At this rate it should be finished within six months. And it will be FABULOUS.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Speaking of the Turistica Road......It is very much improved, and very significant, multiple spots with large crews and everyone actually working, work is being done. At this rate it should be finished within six months. And it will be FABULOUS.
Is that six months Dominican time? :giggle: