Best Small Beach Hotel

W

william webster

with Patrick or after?

I communicated with a Cdn a few/couple of years ago... reservations etc

F

Fulano2

With Patrick also, he was never the owner, then we had the french/spanish guy with his girl friend, now Wendy.

W

william webster

I knew Patrick had partners/bosses

I am quite sure a Cdn had it .. if he doesn’t still
He put me on to Wendy

C

cobraboy

With Patrick also, he was never the owner, then we had the french/spanish guy with his girl friend, now Wendy.
The French couple did a credible job with the place. Their food was fine. They told us that after a year they bought themselves a 24/7 job and were burnt out, so they weren't going to renew the lease.

Wendy tries, but she is no Partick.

T

tripp789

If you’re looking for cheap in Las Terrenas, we stayed at Costarenas Beach Hotel next door to Aliesei Hotel.
Great location but few amenities. They do have a bar restaurant right in the beach directly across the beach road from hotel. Short walk to the Fisherman walk area. Beds were okay, AC worked and the rooms were clean.
Probably a 2.5 to 3 of 5 European rating IMO.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...mana_Province_Dominican_Republic.html?m=19905

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

Fulano2

The French couple did a credible job with the place. Their food was fine. They told us that after a year they bought themselves a 24/7 job and were burnt out, so they weren't going to renew the lease.

Wendy tries, but she is no Partick.
Burnt out?? :):)
Every morning you saw his old X5 in RSJ at the bakery's where all the french get together untill 12. Sorry, both were just lazy and did nothing to the place.

W

william webster

Croissant joint..... excellent BTW...

Better than the fancy place in LT... my wife says !!

la Estrella... I think

S

solisdad2000

Hi all. Just found quite a few replies from you. Will check them out 1 by 1 but my laptop is down and my cell is small so it's slow work! I'll be back - silence doesn't mean I'm ignoring the replies.

C

cobraboy

Burnt out?? :):)
Every morning you saw his old X5 in RSJ at the bakery's where all the french get together untill 12. Sorry, both were just lazy and did nothing to the place.
They *told* us they were burnt out.

W

william webster

I have it on good authority that the former Los Gringos is on solid footing and thriving....
Paraiso....

Relying on its advantages.... scenery, seclusion, beautiful beach and solid Dominican workers
And the benefits of personal service in a small cabana type hotel

Good for them !!!
I was happy to hear this

C

cobraboy

I have it on good authority that the former Los Gringos is on solid footing and thriving....
Paraiso....

Relying on its advantages.... scenery, seclusion, beautiful beach and solid Dominican workers
And the benefits of personal service in a small cabana type hotel

Good for them !!!
I was happy to hear this
It's a favorite lunch stop on tours. I wish they'd up the kitchen game a few notches, though, although Patrick is maybe a bar too high...

L

LTSteve

Thanks. I had a look. Small beach but it looks fine. Everything else also seems to fit, as you said. So thanks for the suggestion and rapid reply. I'll wait and see what else might be suggested before deciding but it's definitely an agreeable possibility.

Hotel Alisei, Las Terrenas (on same beach as Hotel Colibri) The grounds of this hotel is a little nicer and their is a full restaurant on the premises

Atlantic Hotel, Playa Bonita ( 10 minutes outside of Las Terrenas) More of a European feel. Great location and great food.

W

william webster

Very nice.... a bit $$$ but nice.

Not sure the beach compares to LT....for me anyway

M

mountainannie

I adore LT - lived there for two years.. There are a number of small boutique hotels on the road off Punta Poppy just after the German bar --Is there anyone on the Board now who has up to date information on LT? I know that both LT Steve and I lived there many years ago.

You would find them listed on Lonely Planet guide, I suspect - or the Moon Guide or Petite Foute - not in Fodor's

He recommends Aleisi - and Colibri is also a good place albeit a bit older..

But Punta Poppy is my favorite beach.. Of course ALL the beaches in LT are great - well - OK be careful on Coson because it has a rip-tide and undertow and is more of a surfer's beach as it is not reef protected. I would also advise not to stay out there since it is far away from the Village and pretty mosquito laden.

Playa Ballenas is a nice beach and certainly it is quieter to stay near that beach since there is not the Moto honcho traffic that there is in front of Punta Poppy.

But OMG -- the SWIMMING? at Punta Poppy???

The Stuff Of Dreams.

There is a snorkeling reef around the point.

And both shallow and deep water.

Only Guyacanes has a comparable beach and that little town near the Capital has no hotel (or at least did not have one that was open)

Plus, the Restaurants in LT far exceed anything available anywhere else on the Island.