Best stores for UK food stuff?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
yes, I am reading that YOUR Heinz beans.. and OUR Heinz beans are very different...

sorry for getting your hopes up,, even if I were to find the Heinz beans they would be the American ones which have much more sugar than your UK ones

apologies all around

Yank bows and backs out of the room, leaving the Brits to scrounge about for the proper beans

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Just been to City Market at Sosua and it almost brought a tear to my eye. Almost like a tiny Tescos with slightly more grumpy service and no Clubcard points. They have HP and Daddie's brown sauce, Branston Pickle, Bovril, Cooper's English Mustard and Horseradish, various Patak's sauces and plenty more. They cost an arm and a leg, but worth it for an occasional trip down Memory Lane.
In case anyone is interested there are also sections for various other gringo nationalities.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pataks - do they have hot/medium lime pickle? Will some kindly soul put a jar on metropack for me? :D

What about Shreddies?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Pataks - do they have hot/medium lime pickle? Will some kindly soul put a jar on metropack for me? :D

What about Shreddies?

Why don't you make a list of what you want and I will see what's available and willing to send it to you. Mind you, I am not an English woman, so be very clear of what you want :)

Acira

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Why don't you make a list of what you want and I will see what's available and willing to send it to you. Mind you, I am not an English woman, so be very clear of what you want :)

Acira
Thanks Acira - I'm actually travelling home soon so will not need restocking for the foreseeable - but it's good to know the option is there!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I actually thought they seemed more friendly than in playero, in fact I commented that they must have received customer service training

I hear you... playero must be hiring the most unfriendly staff possible. I think if u smile at the interview u are not hired, neither are u if u sound polite or friendly...

I think the owners think they own an american ice hockey team...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
From city market.
359y97l.jpg

And a fuzzy foto, but perhaps if you know the products well enough
2mpd36w.jpg

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I think the foods 'City Market' sells are great, it's nice to be able to get a 'taste from home' occasionally.

I came across this company... British Food Shopping British Expats Supermarket

It's an on-line delivery company, I haven't made an order yet, I emailed them earlier this week and they did say it was possible for customs here to add an addittional tax. They also gave me their courier here, Instituto postal Dominicano, sadly their website http://inposdom.gob.do/Servicios/Express_Mail_Service_ doesn't seem to work.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Are there any British and dutch living in the Gaspar Hernandez/ RSJ region? I live in Villa Magante part of the year.