Best Way to Get from PUJ to Romana

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Can I get an uber from the Airport or is this still a problem.
Does anyone know of a driver I can hire to get me to Romana?

Is it worthwhile to rent a car...
If yes can you recommend a company that is reliable.

Thank you

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just take a regular taxi from PUJ. It is only 45-50 minutes. When you get out of the airport you will see a guy with a Taxi sign. Tell him where in La Romana you want to go and make sure he gives you the price. This is the safest and fastest way to get there...........And the price will be in US Dollars.........

Reactions: JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Just take a regular taxi from PUJ. It is only 45-50 minutes. When you get out of the airport you will see a guy with a Taxi sign. Tell him where in La Romana you want to go and make sure he gives you the price. This is the safest and fastest way to get there...........And the price will be in US Dollars.........
what would a fair price be

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
what would a fair price be
You don't have to worry about that. When you go back you can be sure that every dollar you brought here will be gone anyway. Might as well take the easiest way to La Romana..........

• Haha
Reactions: nanita

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
That $150 taxi fare that you quote is to Bahia Principe La Romana. That place is much farther from PUJ than the town of La Romana. Bahia Principe is the location of the Nueva Romana development that we have talked about in other threads here. It almost all the way to San Pedro de Macoris.

The going rate from Punta Cana to La Romana is $100. At the airport you can tell them where you are going and you should be able to get much less than $150. But look, here is an example of igoring good advice from people that know what they are talking about. See #2, #4, and #5 above. You are at PUJ. The incovenience and cost of doing anything other than going directly to La Romana in the taxi (unless it is night) doesn't make sense.

If you went somewhere else from PUJ, like to find the gua gua to La Romana at Coco Loco or Friusa, that will cost you time and money.

In the taxi, you will get to know the taxi driver. With your fluent Spanish. This is worth something.

Reactions: Markwilltravel

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
take and uber to friusa than take the bus. will be cheaper but definitely not convenient it also depends on how many bags you have.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
take and uber to friusa than take the bus. will be cheaper but definitely not convenient it also depends on how many bags you have.
I thought there was an issue with Uber at PUJ. Last time I read that the taxi's were not happy with Uber and there were some problems.
Has this been resolved.? or does it still exist

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
That $150 taxi fare that you quote is to Bahia Principe La Romana. That place is much farther from PUJ than the town of La Romana. Bahia Principe is the location of the Nueva Romana development that we have talked about in other threads here. It almost all the way to San Pedro de Macoris.

The going rate from Punta Cana to La Romana is $100. At the airport you can tell them where you are going and you should be able to get much less than $150. But look, here is an example of igoring good advice from people that know what they are talking about. See #2, #4, and #5 above. You are at PUJ. The incovenience and cost of doing anything other than going directly to La Romana in the taxi (unless it is night) doesn't make sense.

If you went somewhere else from PUJ, like to find the gua gua to La Romana at Coco Loco or Friusa, that will cost you time and money.

In the taxi, you will get to know the taxi driver. With your fluent Spanish. This is worth something.
thank you good advice pero todavia no hablo con fluidez.. especialmente RD espanol :)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i would think UBER would be the least expensive option
You really don't want to depend on Uber from PUJ. Two resons,First the driver might tell you he wants more money. And second you may never see the Uber. Man up and take a taxi, you won't have any money left when you leave anyway...........One more reason, it is a Zoo when you get out of there. Finding the Uber would be a task in itself..........

Reactions: AlaPlaya