Best Way to Move Funds From US to DR Bank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He’ll do dollars

My friend of 30 yrs here uses them all the time
No bank account
Well how does he make one cent? If he gives you the dollar value and charges you nothing does not sound right to me.................He must charge something for his work...........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I want to transfer US Dollars to a Bank so that I use withdraw in pesos. I am not concerned about withdrawing US dollars
This will cost you a lot in the long run. Banks give the worst exchange rates compared to Cambios. Dollar is King here. Every time you send dollars you will get less pesos than you can get in Cambios...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In Pesos at whatever rate they give you. You have a Dollar account and deposit the check in Dollars that beats converting to pesos anyday...............
Take the check in US $$$..... convert what you want -- all or part

You're starting to act like Ken !!!
hahaha..... be careful

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
We’ll need that soon. I dread it. We have to open a peso account to deposit proceeds from sale of Mr AE’s parents’ home. Apparently you can’t deposit a peso check into a dollar account.
I can see the logic of that since the banks have no control over the value of the peso from the instant they take it from you until it clears. But there must be a way to have this exchange happen so that there is no risk to you in a fall of the peso. Perhaps Fabio would give some advise in the legal forum?

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Let me get this straight.. I can go to a casa de cambio and give him my personal US check, with nothing more than my passport, and he is going to cash it for me in either dollars or pesos without further investigation.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ken, so all this does not have to be repeated and repeated...your best course of action is to develop a relationship with a casa de cambio. Yes, they will take a check and cash it for you with your passport, but the keyword here is to develop a relationship with one. Most all of us have done this at one time or another, that includes relationships with banks, etc...

Reactions: JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Last Thurs at 3:48 PM I sent you a DM (as if I didn't have other things to do ) with 8 variations of "how things are priced here ."
Did you read it?? I guess not and for that "Im out"
as the sharks say on Shark Tank".
OK Kevin... Of course I read your message. But it appears that JD cashed $9500 at a casa and that seems like an awful large sum

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Ken, so all this does not have to be repeated and repeated...your best course of action is to develop a relationship with a casa de cambio. Yes, they will take a check and cash it for you with your passport, but the keyword here is to develop a relationship with one. Most all of us have done this at one time or another, that includes relationships with banks, etc...
If I just arrive from the states how would I develop a relationship with a Casa... do I bring him a six pack

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
If I just arrive from the states how would I develop a relationship with a Casa... do I bring him a six pack
Just do the same thing you did with your gf. Lots of prolonged eye contact, big tips, a furtive exchange of e-mail addresses, etc. You should be all set.
Otherwise, just liquidate your assets and send all the cash to your chica via Western Union which is going to be the end result anyway.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OK Kevin... Of course I read your message. But it appears that JD cashed $9500 at a casa and that seems like an awful large sum
LOL.. Mi fren you don't know JD. That man carries 10 large around in his pocket every week. Of course he's packing but that's another part of the culture you'll learn.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just do the same thing you did with your gf. Lots of prolonged eye contact, big tips, a furtive exchange of e-mail addresses, etc. You should be all set.
Otherwise, just liquidate your assets and send all the cash to your chica via Western Union which is going to be the end result anyway.
WOW. I would hate to cross you up. LOL. You tell it like it is. Luv it.

• Haha
Reactions: nanita