Best/Worst overall customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
Best overall service I received while in DR was the restaurant I mentioned before, which I did not remember the name in the Malecon, the restaurant name I believe is called Adrian.

Closed second best service, was a French restaurant in a cave in Mirador del sur near the Guacara Taina. Very good food, good service. Sorry everyone but I do not know the names of these places. First time I have ever been to these places.

Worst service was given by the restaurant in front of the Obelisque. It is a fort do not know the name (if anyone knows it please posted). The food was horrible, the service forget about it, and like Criss said before, after you have gotten tired of waiting, then you waited some more, a lot more.

Second worst, Banco Popular counter staff. I think Banco Popular is a reputable institution. Maybe the counter people were having a bad day, but on this day, the counter people were extremely rash, not only to me but as I waited in line, I saw the same service to other people. The counter people were extremely impolite, hostile and unprofessional. I have never received such treatment from a banking institution which is in the business of getting you to deposit your money in their bank.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know the owner of Adrian Tropical - he has a special approach to staff training. He makes them feel part of the company. There is a huge emphasis on customer service. He usually employs better qualified people than the average restaurant, and although I don't know how well he pays I suspect it is higher than the average wage for the sector. The results speak for themselves: quality above quantity.

This difference is also reflected in the varying levels of service you get in supermarkets - although I like Carrefour I think they scrape the bottom of the barrel in terms of staff quality while Nacional generally have better informed assistants with superior social skills and graces. Bravo is OK too. They are probably paid better, too.

Most visits to most banks here leave me open-mouthed at just how unprofessional the staff can be - gossiping and acting very inappropriately in front of customers. I can't single out any one bank in particular. When I banked with Citibank the service was very attentive and personal, but their systems were in the neolithic period.

The one thing guaranteed to get my back up is that 'nose wrinkle' some people give you when they mean to say 'excuse me, sir/madam, would you mind repeating that question'. ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
French restaurant in a cave in Mirador del sur near the Guacara Taina.
Meson de la Cava?

Worst service was given by the restaurant in front of the Obelisque.
Fuerte San Gil?

Riu

Jun 11, 2004
juanita said:
French restaurant in a cave in Mirador del sur near the Guacara Taina.
Meson de la Cava?

Worst service was given by the restaurant in front of the Obelisque.
Fuerte San Gil?

Thank you Juanita. My apologies for not remembering the names.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Best customer service.....with style!

At the checkout at Silverio Messon supermarket, Puerto Plata.........the bag packer appeared, smiled, extended his hand & shook mine, introduced himself - my name is Jose & I am happy to be of service - proceeded to pack the items carefully & carried them to the car, making sure that in the car park he walked behind me & put himself between me & oncoming traffic from behind, checking over his shoulder all the while.

Full marks Jose, with that self confidence & presence, you'll go far (AND get bigger tips!)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
My best experiences with Customer service in the DR has been the Coastal Station/Supermarket in Sosua. They are so curtious it is embarrassing. When a woman opens doors for me I feel I should be holding the door for her.

Greg runs a classy operation and the place is so clean you can dine on the floor!

Escott

Status
Not open for further replies.