Big doings in Juan Dolio this past week

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
for a giant wedding tomorrow. In my wildest dreams I can't imagine what it is going to cost. I have watch dozens of workers the entire week. The Pesident is coming. The best I can determine is the bride is is a friend.

JDJones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Years ago I attended a wedding of a very well off friend who married a socialite. The money he (she) spent was astronomical; he pretty much gave her carte blanche to do whatever she wanted.

It was held in the biggest ballroom of a major SD hotel, had over 300 guests (mainly her extended family and social group), and featured a very large children's Choir, a large adult choir, the 2 top-ranking musical groups, 16 living nude statues (Male and female) , a well known photographer who was coordinating at least 5 camera operators and the dinner was imported steak and Maine lobster. I won't even go into the decorations but it took them a week to set it up.

She struck paydirt when she met him.

Youtube is full of DR megabuck weddings.

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Years ago I attended a wedding of a very well off friend who married a socialite. The money he (she) spent was astronomical; he pretty much gave her carte blanche to do whatever she wanted.

It was held in the biggest ballroom of a major SD hotel, had over 300 guests (mainly her extended family and social group), and featured a very large children's Choir, a large adult choir, the 2 top-ranking musical groups, 16 living nude statues (Male and female) , a well known photographer who was coordinating at least 5 camera operators and the dinner was imported steak and Maine lobster. I won't even go into the decorations but it took them a week to set it up.

Youtube is full of DR megabuck weddings.

She struck paydirt when she met him.
The crew woked all night on the party space, At 6:30 am when on I went on the beach they were still going full blast.Yesterday they were repainting the walls that are near the chapel, not that there was anything wrong with the wall to begin with. lol. I think the big show might be because the Prez is attending. For me, lol, II'm going to little leaague practice at 8:30.