Biggest DR1 Bash in History

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Cleef and Norman, the only way you will know whether you can be added to the list is to email march. Scroll back through the thread to find his address. Without a confirmation from him, you won't have anything to eat. However, you can join the party after dinner.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ken said:
Cleef and Norman, the only way you will know whether you can be added to the list is to email march. Scroll back through the thread to find his address. Without a confirmation from him, you won't have anything to eat. However, you can join the party after dinner.

Or instead of march you can email marco at rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com and ask to be added. Sorry Ken couldn't resist.
I heard they got a ton of turkeys today. ;)

Edited to add
with the peso falling can he still feed us with what is now about 5 US bucks? 199 pesos? We'll make up it up in drinks I'm sure.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"with the peso falling can he still feed us with what is now about 5 US bucks? 199 pesos?" Anna

Naaaa, marco wouldn't go against his words and raise the prices, instead (I hear) he is going to cut the portion in half. Like Criss Colon, I will bring my own turkey sandwich to make up for the small portion on the plate.

Ronaldo

Nov 6, 2003
DR Property

Hey Scott,

This party sounds hot! I have seen some of your previous posts and I am curious as to how you got started buying properties etc. I am in the process of buying some property out there but the interest rates I've seen have been ridiculous! I'm flying out tomorrow morning to look at a few more properties...some of which have owner financing; any advice?

Thanks,

Randy

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: DR Property

Ronaldo said:
Hey Scott,

This party sounds hot! I have seen some of your previous posts and I am curious as to how you got started buying properties etc. I am in the process of buying some property out there but the interest rates I've seen have been ridiculous! I'm flying out tomorrow morning to look at a few more properties...some of which have owner financing; any advice?
Randy
There are always deals to make. Call me when you get to the DR. Cell phone 853-6158

Wont know about the price till a week before maybe. Peso is going batshit here. Sorry folks but you may have to pony up a few more pesos. He said he can price in dollars but I told him that would leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

I will post when I know more. For me I am making more cashing at the Banco de Reservas now as opposed to the cambio I always used. Got a whole peso more there and half more than at the Banco Santo Cruz. First time I ever even walked in the place but things are crazzzzzzy here.

Hasta Pronto
Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Ok Folks All done finished kaput

We cannot accept even one more reservation. We are even beyond our limits at Rockys for this evening and praying for a few flat tires.

Marco is sending out a few more confirmations now so if you don't get one I apologize but we are over 100 people now.

Please join us for the Party which follows dinner at 9pm.

You will still be eligible to take part in our event of the evening.

We will be doing the "Hippo Smash" which will hopefully not be an ongoing event but only a one time event. Sorry but some of the details of this must remain a secret. Special thank you to Alanindr for facilitating this to help make this the DR1 event of the Century.

We will be selling raffles to everyone for 20 pesos a head (feel free to purchase as many of these as you can possibly afford) which all proceeds will be going to Rockys Christmas Toys for Kids Event which of course these toys are given out on New Years Eve. We actually embrace our Dysfunction here and feel that we have the freedom to do as crazy as we continue to be.

Please join us for this once (hopefully) in a lifetime event which goes to a good cause. The winner of the raffle gets his picture on DR1 and gets to be Moderator for a Day on the message board of his/her choice and can even Ban Robert, have sex with Anna and of course get airport directions from our very own XR.

Escott

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ok guys, I see that it gets dark at 6pm in the late afternoon so if you guys want me to make a movie then can someone bring in a video light? I have a low light sensitive video camera but the quality will suffer if I shoot in the dark. So if someone can help me with a video light, I will make a video and then burn it on Mpeg format on to a CD rom for everyone to watch and meet the DR1 members (if they are unable to attend).

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Great Job Scott!!!!!!

I need a few places to try and get a room for the night.
I'm open for suggestions.
needed for 2 couples.

Thanks
Tim H.:cool:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok escott, missing_dr is not coming but I already have another firend in his place. The same crocodile dundee english guy. He is always with me in all dr1 parties. So please don't replace Missing_Dr's place with one of your drunk friends.
Hey, how about a new updated list of people who are attending?

Ronaldo

Nov 6, 2003
Re: Re: DR Property

Thanks Scott...My flight has been put off till tomorrow morning...but I will certainly give you a call. I appreciate any advice you have!

There are always deals to make. Call me when you get to the DR. Cell phone 853-6158

Wont know about the price till a week before maybe. Peso is going batshit here. Sorry folks but you may have to pony up a few more pesos. He said he can price in dollars but I told him that would leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

I will post when I know more. For me I am making more cashing at the Banco de Reservas now as opposed to the cambio I always used. Got a whole peso more there and half more than at the Banco Santo Cruz. First time I ever even walked in the place but things are crazzzzzzy here.

Hasta Pronto
Escott
[/QUOTE]

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
hippo smash

I'll bet I know what it is!!!! What will ya'll pay me to keep quiet?

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
hippo smash

I'll bet I know what it is!!!! What will ya'll pay me to keep quiet?

Sorry about the second post. It won't let me delete it! I tried 3 times.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Thanksgiving is definately booked. If you want to come at 9pm for drinks you are certainly welcome! Forget having food since I over booked the damn place and he doesn't even have enough dishes and has to bring in a xtra dishwasher and borrow dishes:")

On the 20th of this month Wud and Warden are coming to town and we are having a lunch at Rockys to celebrate their coming:) Be there or be square! Don't remember the time but there is a thread about it or two.

Scott

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Directions

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to mainline football on T-day. Are there tv's that will carry the games - the later at least - 5pm?

Also, are there directions handy for getting to Rocky's from Cabarete? Or do we just follow the fireworks?

thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
There is one TV at Rockys. Just ask Ted to put your game on.

Make a right at the Texaco Station go through the first intersection and find a spot to park as Rockys will be 5 doors down on the Right.

See you soon! Sorry didn't catch up with you this weekend. Heard you were in town.

Scott