Bio-Ethical Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The ultimate in second class citizenry when the government decides you should die instead of being treated because of how you acted.

Oh, there is a definitive answer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No Windy - not the gov't deciding.... the medical community is wondering about it, specifically the doctor facing with the problem.
Not all will react/decide the same way.

How do you feel they should react?
How would you react?

We know hospitals fill up - here, there & everywhere- with CV19....
What happens when a 'serious' medical case arrives (say it's YOU arriving)....
you gonna be happy waiting behind a group of unvaxed ?

Doctors already have a protocol for two very ill patients rec'ving simultaneous treatment -
the one with the longer life prospect gets treated 1st (that's in the article)

This can be a problem in the DR, anywhere.

Not political whatsoever.... totally ethical and applicable worldwide

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No Windy - not the gov't deciding.... the medical community is wondering about it, specifically the doctor facing with the problem.
Not all will react/decide the same way.

How do you feel they should react?
How would you react?

you gonna be happy waiting behind a group of unvaxed ?

Doctors already have a protocol for two very ill patients rec'ving simultaneous treatment -
the one with the longer life prospect gets treated 1st (that's in the article)

This can be a problem in the DR, anywhere.

Not political whatsoever.... totally ethical and applicable worldwide
This is VERY relevant anywhere, but don't expect any relevant answers here. Only more of the same...................

Reactions: It wasn't me

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, we'll see what happens.... I have convinced JD that politics plays no part in this....

Very personal decision for hospital staff..... I would not want to be in their shoes.

Anybody got family in hospital jobs ?

Reactions: Auryn
Jan 9, 2004
Well, we'll see what happens.... I have convinced JD that politics plays no part in this....

Very personal decision for hospital staff..... I would not want to be in their shoes.

Anybody got family in hospital jobs ?
Of course, politics.........and money play a part in this for the DR.

You can be assured that those with money will go to the front of the line...............and those with political connections and money will get even better preference.

Bio-ethical questions? In the DR?

Surely you jest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I assume doctors everywhere must take the Hippocratic oath derived from Greece ?
So there should be no doubt that they should not bar treatment.
It is only because of politics that they have been shaped, threatened, literally had financial cudgels hung over their heads, denied hospital access or had licenses threatened that they would come to any other conclusion that to administer to the sick.

The World will look back soon to regret many actions taken in this scamdemic

The Hippocratic Oath (Modern Version)
I SWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation.
TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient.
I WILL FOLLOW that method of treatment which according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever is harmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life.
WITH PURITY, HOLINESS AND BENEFICENCE I will pass my life and practice my art. Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treat any patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the valid informed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understanding that research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of that individual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruption and further from the seduction of any patient.
WHATEVER IN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not in connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken abroad, I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret. WHILE I CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of the Almighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse by my lot.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Of course, politics.........and money play a part in this for the DR.

You can be assured that those with money will go to the front of the line...............and those with political connections and money will get even better preference.

Bio-ethical questions? In the DR?

Surely you jest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I agree with you that people with money in the DR will go to the head of the line. But WHAT does that have to do with hospitals in the DR filling up with UNVACCINATED patients? Why should there be a line at all...............................

Jan 9, 2004
I agree with you that people with money in the DR will go to the head of the line. But WHAT does that have to do with hospitals in the DR filling up with UNVACCINATED patients? Why should there be a line at all...............................
Simple.

People with money/power, vaccinated or un-vaccinated, will have preference.

That is the way it works in the DR............and how it has worked............long before Covid.

The discussion is BIO-ETHICS............as in moral principles..............the number one/two "moral" principles in the DR being.............money/power=privilege.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: DR fan1990

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Respectfully, the people with money don't frequent the same hospitals as those without.... in my experience

They rarely 'bump heads'
We are talking about hospitals in the DR that can not treat patients because they are over run with the 30 percent of UNVACCINATED Covid patients. Like I said before this is not the place to get ANY relevant answer to a reasonable and sensible question......................

Reactions: It wasn't me

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We are talking about hospitals in the DR that can not treat patients because they are over run with the 30 percent of UNVACCINATED Covid patients. Like I said before this is not the place to get ANY relevant answer to a reasonable and sensible question......................
Post a recent link to your 'overrun" statistics

Reactions: Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Post a recent link to your 'overrun" statistics
My post is related to the possibility that we are talking about. We know that is not happening here due to the excellent vaccine response from the DR Government.

Quote: WW
you gonna be happy waiting behind a group of unvaxed.

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why stop with the anti-vax idea? What about fat folks who have heart attacks? Should we de-prioritize them? Diabetics who eat cake and candy? Alkies who drink every day? Meth-heads? Drunk Drivers?

This is just another control issue for those that want to exercise control over others. No more, no less.
Here they come.........................Hahahaha Nothing at all to do with what the topic is..............The question of what to do about hospitals that are becoming over run with UNVACCINATED patients.......................

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Why stop with the anti-vax idea? What about fat folks who have heart attacks? Should we de-prioritize them? Diabetics who eat cake and candy? Alkies who drink every day? Meth-heads? Drunk Drivers?

This is just another control issue for those that want to exercise control over others. No more, no less.
Remember the hospital shows like ER? When the perp was brought in in critical condition. There was always a camp that thought why should we save this guy's life? You see the practice of medicine is built on eons old principles. And then there's this "oath".

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Here they come.........................Hahahaha Nothing at all to do with what the topic is..............The question of what to do about hospitals that are becoming over run with UNVACCINATED patients.......................
You are incorrect my angry brother. A hospital can't practice one set of medical ethics for one demographic and one for another. All patients must be triaged in the same fashion, with the same set of ethical standards. NSP's point is 100% valid.

Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.