BitCoin office opening in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
And we could show how Many at one time BLUE CHIP STOCKS .. which went from say 25 cents up to say $80 dollars + ? .. and then went BANKRUPT, and the people holding it when the Music Stopped lost it all .. including even their RETIREMENT Money , 401K...
And those Companies Actually PRODUCED Stuff , which people NEEDED .
playing visual games with Numbers ... does not make one a Savvy INVESTOR . and certainly does not predict the Future.

Reactions: Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And we could show how Many at one time BLUE CHIP STOCKS .. which went from say 25 cents up to say $80 dollars + ? .. and then went BANKRUPT, and the people holding it when the Music Stopped lost it all .. including even their RETIREMENT Money , 401K...
And those Companies Actually PRODUCED Stuff , which people NEEDED .
playing visual games with Numbers ... does not make one a Savvy INVESTOR . and certainly does not predict the Future.
The stories I could tell.

Jan 9, 2004
And just as many tweets saying it would be 100k, 250k etc., by December 31, 2021.

I do hope those early "investors" were/are smart enough to get out and/or take some profit.

Lines must be long at the Bitcoin Shop in Cabarete................the only question.........are they selling or buying?

This is not "investable" in my opinion...............it is however a meme stock traders dream.

And it certainly cannot be considered a viable currency................much too volatile.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Bitcoin is getting crushed again today. Down almost 50% from it's recent high.
Not to keep harping on this , because I am actually enjoying the other peoples posts ..
but would this not be a PERFECT BUYING OPPORTUNITY ?

So , how many of you Bit Coin fans are buying it up now ?
Show of hands . ( just saying) . if this were a blue chip stock .. every fund buyer would be gobbling it up like its Lobster tail at the all you can eat Buffet.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Not to keep harping on this , because I am actually enjoying the other peoples posts ..

Show of hands . ( just saying) . if this were a blue chip stock .. every fund buyer would be gobbling it up like its Lobster tail at the all you can eat Buffet.
I'm not buying right now. I'm still new to crypto and have been crushed. I put a ton of money in right at the wrong time. My portfolio is way down. But it's an unrealised loss.

So I have two choices. Sell and lose a lot of money, or hold on and wait for the market to recover. I'm certain it will eventually, I'm just not certain on the timescale.

Reactions: jd426

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Of course, sadly it only makes my base cost go up...... so another -40% would be welcome.

Jan 9, 2004
I'm not buying right now. I'm still new to crypto and have been crushed. I put a ton of money in right at the wrong time. My portfolio is way down. But it's an unrealised loss.

So I have two choices. Sell and lose a lot of money, or hold on and wait for the market to recover. I'm certain it will eventually, I'm just not certain on the timescale.
I, for one, appreciate your candor.

And I do hope it comes back for you.

Successful "investing" principles speak to cutting your losses and moving on. This could take years to come back and lots of other missed opportunities on your part.

However, this is not investing, but pure unadulterated gun slinging. And just as people were actually buying Hertz in Bankruptcy, Gamestop and other foolishness thinking they were "investing," so to is the current state of Crypto..................

If it were my money, I would look for a "dead cat bounce" and get out..................

Yes, you will likely have losses...............but perhaps an opportunity to buy back in even lower or look elsewhere..........if that is your game plan.

And it is my hope that people do their due diligence before "investing" at the Bitcoin office.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Again, Im not a Professional investor .
But if this were a STOCK, and you look at the 5 Year Graph.. it Paints a VERY CLEAR Picture ..
If Bitcoin TESTS a new $31- 32 LOW again , and goes below that .. you got problems ... if it does another BOUNCE from $32 , then it might be a buying opportunity for you guys .
It sure does look like low $30s are the bottom, and $60' s are the Artificial High... so this should be very very interesting.

Jan 9, 2004
Again, Im not a Professional investor .
But if this were a STOCK, and you look at the 5 Year Graph.. it Paints a VERY CLEAR Picture ..
If Bitcoin TESTS a new $31- 32 LOW again , and goes below that .. you got problems ... if it does another BOUNCE from $32 , then it might be a buying opportunity for you guys .
It sure does look like low $30s are the bottom, and $60' s are the Artificial High... so this should be very very interesting.
A close below 29,789.20 will be a technical signal that the bottom may not have been reached yet................and at that point, where it might find a floor of support is anybody's guess.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A close below 29,789.20 will be a technical signal that the bottom may not have been reached yet................and at that point, where it might find a floor of support is anybody's guess.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I think the same people who bought at low $30 , and were smart enough to sell at near or over 60... will do it again ,. because its not even THEIR Money now they are playing with, so why not do it again . and they alone will make the $30 the bottom. or Floor as you call it .

I used to do this back in the day , when we literally watched stocks in the Newspaper ( days close) , and used LIVE BROKERS we called on the phone , to make our Trades ... and I bought and sold certain stocks over and over again this way..
but not such wild swings .

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003

I am.
Dollar cost averaging.
I went through the crypto winter of 2018, so I am battle hardened.
Because of dca'ing back then as well, I am still up a significant percentage.
Also took out profits at times....

Jan 9, 2004
I am.
Dollar cost averaging.
I went through the crypto winter of 2018, so I am battle hardened.

I admire your contrarian spirit.......an important tool in successful investing.

But this has not been investing, but momentum trading.............without any fundamentals.
Because of dca'ing back then as well, I am still up a significant percentage.
Also took out profits at times....
Ditto.....dollar cost averaging and the harvesting of gains along the way.

I applaud your strategy................just not the "investment."

Not to forget the crypto world has been chock full of investing scams........this being the latest and likely not the last;

Has anyone done any due diligence on the principals in the Bitcoin shop in Cabarete?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PC2: I sent a message to the person in FB and he confirmed he had the office in Cabarete.

What are they actually doing in that office? It seems unclear from the above posts.

Jan 9, 2004
PC2: I sent a message to the person in FB and he confirmed he had the office in Cabarete.

What are they actually doing in that office? It seems unclear from the above posts.
From your post #1;

Our 4 main services:-
We will buy Crypto for you in exchange for cash
We will buy your cash in exchange for Crypto
We offer Crypto Fund management
We offer Consultancy for beginners to help you understand how to buy and sell Crypto
We look forward to meeting you in our office very soon.

Has anyone done any due diligence on the principals in the Bitcoin shop in Cabarete?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed, but what are they actually doing, PC2? :cautious:

Do they have any customers? Things like that.

By the way, the doomed restaurant space near the old mini golf site is for sale yet again.
The one nobody can see from the street. The realtor tells me it is a great buy at $30K US.

Jan 9, 2004
Indeed, but what are they actually doing, PC2? :cautious:

Do they have any customers? Things like that.

By the way, the doomed restaurant space near the old mini golf site is for sale yet again.
The one nobody can see from the street. The realtor tells me it is a great buy at $30K US.
Trying to make money seems to be the answer.

As to customers, I do not know.........nor care.

But if I were to be a client................I would certainly be doing my due diligence on the principals, not the business itself.

To quote a little Shakespeare..........."past is prologue."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Would those in the business not be as covert as the crypto itself? ‘hidden, concealed, not evident or obvious.’

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Screenshot_20220202-084157.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.