Blackstone griddle or something similar

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Hey everyone, it been a while 😂.

So I'm heading to the DR in may and I'm looking for a new grill as the one I got is on its last legs. I've recently fellove with my blackstone here and want one there... Anyone know if they sell them in DR? Or something similar? I would send one down there, but just the costs alone would be outrageous I would assume. I know grills are pretty expensive in DR as well. If anyone couldead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
We shipped a new in the box gas grill down using a mundanza. I think it was $100-150. (From NJ)
Hmm interesting. I'd like to know more. I live in Michigan, so obviously no type of services to the DR here, but say I buy one online and ship it to them, would they be able to do that and who would you recommend if you don't mind?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes.... I do that all the time - free shipping to the mudanza

Look at the 'Name your mudanza' thread for suggestion s

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is this what you’re talking about? This looks like a good deal.

ADA6423C-78B6-4DDD-A1B0-EB1D4ADC7989.jpeg

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes.... I do that all the time - free shipping to the mudanza

Look at the 'Name your mudanza' thread for suggestion s
Uncle, a mudanza is a moving company sir, we've been through this. The Dominicans actually call it a "shipping". So if you mean you want to send a barrel or furniture or whatever it's a shipping. As in Maritime shipping. When you say Mudanza to a Dominican they think of a white truck like a U-Haul that moves you from one house to your dream home

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Uncle, a mudanza is a moving company sir, we've been through this. The Dominicans actually call it a "shipping". So if you mean you want to send a barrel or furniture or whatever it's a shipping. As in Maritime shipping. When you say Mudanza to a Dominican they think of a white truck like a U-Haul that moves you from one house to your dream home
You’re actually right. A more accurate name is Embarque. ( Mundanza is a mover, who fills a container or truck with all your stuff and moves it for you. Like Allied Van Lines in the USA ).

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
You’re actually right. A more accurate name is Embarque. ( Mundanza is a mover, who fills a container or truck with all your stuff and moves it for you. Like Allied Van Lines in the USA ).
Yes correct. In da Bronx we all called it un chipen lol a shipping. The company i now use is Embarque XXX

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hey everyone, it been a while 😂.

So I'm heading to the DR in may and I'm looking for a new grill as the one I got is on its last legs. I've recently fellove with my blackstone here and want one there... Anyone know if they sell them in DR? Or something similar? I would send one down there, but just the costs alone would be outrageous I would assume. I know grills are pretty expensive in DR as well. If anyone couldead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
Here's what was available at JUMBO today. (The things I do out of boredom.. LOL)
IMG_20220412_104241.jpg
IMG_20220412_104136.jpg
IMG_20220412_104156.jpg
IMG_20220412_104211.jpg
IMG_20220412_104233.jpg
IMG_20220412_104145.jpg
IMG_20220412_104435.jpg

The last one is 39000 pesos.

Reactions: Tamborista

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
JD, to be fair the 2 most expensive ones are not too far off what they would cost in NA for similar. Granted the 28k one appears to be a little chintzy but it's also infrared, and the last one seems a good enough deal for the price, no?

I choose to never use gas in the DR for a bbq, but I also prefer the food the ladies make in the camp made over an open fire or with charcoal. it simply tastes better even though it seems to take FOREVER! :ROFLMAO: LOL

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
TBH, these are grills for the common folk.

Hit some of the high-class stores and U.S. $3K-4k stainless steel grills as big as a small car are common.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
JD, to be fair the 2 most expensive ones are not too far off what they would cost in NA for similar. Granted the 28k one appears to be a little chintzy but it's also infrared, and the last one seems a good enough deal for the price, no?

I choose to never use gas in the DR for a bbq, but I also prefer the food the ladies make in the camp made over an open fire or with charcoal. it simply tastes better even though it seems to take FOREVER! :ROFLMAO: LOL
Ha! I knew I missed one.

This little fold-up fella definitely won't break the bank, and with a few chunks of Haitian "carbon" you're up and running.

For just little ole' me it's perfect.

IMG_20220412_104256.jpg

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

Hit some of the high-class stores and U.S. $3K-4k stainless steel grills as big as a small car are common.
Folks serious in the states have moved to the top 3, mix of
Traeger smoke
Weber charcoal
Big green egg.
With these 3 you can't beat.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Folks serious in the states have moved to the top 3, mix of
Traeger smoke
Weber charcoal
Big green egg.
With these 3 you can't beat.
They had a couple of Webers too, but one picture came out blurry, and the other had the price missing.

It's the one barely visible in the picture of the fold-up lil' fella.

BTW, those are all hi-resolution pictures if you want to zoom in on one.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there

I have a very well off friend that spent about 10K CAD/7KUSD for a new high end (WEBER or similar I think), BBQ Setup. He have could easily spent double or more. Sky's the limit with this stuff. He also a huge barrel smoker. Cool stuff if you're into it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That may be true- but in the DR1 vernacular, we call them 'Mudanzas'

When in Rome ......

Reactions: bob saunders