Blue Mall - Open!

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
A safe place to hang out. Acropolis is a perfect example of this.

Are you talking about a safe place for adults or children? There are much cheaper and effective ways to provide "safe" places to hang out for children.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are you talking about a safe place for adults or children? There are much cheaper and effective ways to provide "safe" places to hang out for children.

Teenagers and young adults in regards to hanging out.

Malls are safe, air-conditioned and are not just about shopping.
They have become the place to eat, meet and also be entertained.

Spend some time around Acropolis or even Mega Centro and you wil see what I mean.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Teenagers and young adults in regards to hanging out.

Malls are safe, air-conditioned and are not just about shopping.
They have become the place to eat, meet and also be entertained.

Spend some time around Acropolis or even Mega Centro and you wil see what I mean.

I might just do that! I'll be in Florida for 10 days starting Thurs. and if I can find a really cheap flight to SD I'll drop in.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Spirit has some cheapies here, from FLL.

"Guibia was a beach" , 2 dlight you are older than dirt!!!

HB (kind of dusty myself!)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Bob, Krisspy Kream is not open yet, no idea when it plans to open.

Opposite is a Shwarma place that looks ready to open, yummy!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Shopping malls originated in the States, and have the tendency to appear all over the world...

When we still lived in Belgium, we lived about 10 minutes away from the biggest shopping mall in Belgium, Luxemburg and the Netherlands...

You could only find me there once a year, on the 24th of December, as I, once again, left my christmas shopping too late... and I hated the place...

Now, since I live here, a trip to a shopping mall is a treat... (mind you, even a trip to Ikea is a treat... whahahaha)

My believe is now that, what is available in abundance is not appreciated, but when it is reduced to a rare treat... hmmmm

These are the wise words of...

The saliva-dribbling idiot on a rare visit to the States, and wandering around a Best Buy store, or an Apple Mega Store...:bunny::bunny::bunny:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Hahahaha...........You forgot Walmart......If your into saving money........This is where you wanna be..........

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Hahahaha...........You forgot Walmart......If your into saving money........This is where you wanna be..........

I was hoping to take the ferry over to Puerto Rico, fill up the truck at Walmart, and come back. Darn my luck: ferry operations ceased "temporarily".

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I was hoping to take the ferry over to Puerto Rico, fill up the truck at Walmart, and come back. Darn my luck: ferry operations ceased "temporarily".

Thanks God for the Ferry operations ceasing "temporarily". That was the only way to convince my mother to take a plane and come visit me here in Vegas, if not she will only take trips to Puerto Rico in the Ferry due to her fear of airplanes. I'll make sure she won't know this cease of operations of the ferry is just "temporarily". :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Salvatore Ferragamo opens for the DR's clients at Blue Mall...

There's talk (rumors so far) that De Beers will be opening shop at Blue Mall (but so far all indicates for the one at Punta Cana). They say that if the Louis Vuitton shop does relatively well, they will open a shop in Blue Mall SD as well.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Working before opening:

4771894890_4f4f48a2a2.jpg

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Funny story

Pichardo, I was dressing Ferragamos shoes for mamy years in DR and I even knew how spencives they was until a Sunday afternoon I was drinking a cold one in a colmado by my mom's house and I guy dressing the same shoes as I asked me where did I bough then and I said this a present from my cousing who lives in SD and he said that is a nice present as those shoes are very expencives.
I said really? he gave three different models last time I stop by his house in Arroyo Hondo.

JJ

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was there yesterday. The mall is managed flawlessly with security guards directing traffic in the parking lot below. The place is spotless and shiny everywhere. Its seems like an american mall. I was thrilled to see a real shawarma place opening up in the food court right next to a arab food store where i BOUGHT MY TAHINI from. We ate a huge slice of pizza at pizzarelli and a 20 oz coke for 135 pesos. There are famous name brand stores already open and the mall was full of javitos type young people. There was one thing I had notices which I can't help mentioning here. There seemed to be no black people in the mall. One would feel like you are still in usa. The only black people I saw were the ones who were in cleaning staff, even the store sales-staff were all white. I mean to say, all white dominicans were visiting the mall. So a warning to the expats who are planing to take along their sosua girlfriends, you might run into some embarrassing situation. I hope no one is refused entry at the door but we are in DR, anything is possible here.
I think the mall would do well, SD certainly had folks who can afford to buy items from there and to secure the success of the mall.
AZB

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Spirit has some cheapies here, from FLL.

"Guibia was a beach" , 2 dlight you are older than dirt!!!

HB (kind of dusty myself!)
I know I shouldn't have added the Guibia part, now the secret is out! Thanks for the Spirit lead Luis. I'll check it out.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
AZB, I don't know what stores you visit here in US. Last Sunday I went shopping with my wife to "Ross" store in Knightdale NC and something I noticed was that everybody was of Afro American descendancy there...

JJ

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Funny that you should mention that. I lived on Calle El Conde when cars were allowed to drive on it and Parque Independencia was a place where kids could spend the whole day playing without worry(didn't see any kids last time I visited)...and Guibia used to be a beach.

It is a shame. I guess there just not a big interest in investing in el Conde. I think that is one of those areas where the government should try and create some incentives.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I was there yesterday. The mall is managed flawlessly with security guards directing traffic in the parking lot below. The place is spotless and shiny everywhere. Its seems like an american mall. I was thrilled to see a real shawarma place opening up in the food court right next to a arab food store where i BOUGHT MY TAHINI from. We ate a huge slice of pizza at pizzarelli and a 20 oz coke for 135 pesos. There are famous name brand stores already open and the mall was full of javitos type young people. There was one thing I had notices which I can't help mentioning here. There seemed to be no black people in the mall. One would feel like you are still in usa. The only black people I saw were the ones who were in cleaning staff, even the store sales-staff were all white. I mean to say, all white dominicans were visiting the mall. So a warning to the expats who are planing to take along their sosua girlfriends, you might run into some embarrassing situation. I hope no one is refused entry at the door but we are in DR, anything is possible here.
I think the mall would do well, SD certainly had folks who can afford to buy items from there and to secure the success of the mall.
AZB

I did not notice the Shawarma place. I have to go back soon. I eat that often back in Europe.