Blue Mall

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was surprised to see several shoppers with bulging shopping bags. We joked that they must be paid for walking around with bags stuffed with paper.

Don't be surprised if they did. When they opened in Santo Domingo they hired a bunch of models from a local agency to stroll around and window shop for the first few weeks.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This guy gives a somewhat long introduction (the whole video is in Spanish) and then a quick tour of the stores currently open for business. He does focus the camera on the names of each store, so even non-Spanish speakers will know what stores are open even if they don’t understand Spanish.

[video=youtube;PC23Yj7CJ54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC23Yj7CJ54[/video]

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't be surprised if they did. When they opened in Santo Domingo they hired a bunch of models from a local agency to stroll around and window shop for the first few weeks.

They looked authentic enough - as authentic as plastic-type PC/CC people can be.

Jan 7, 2016
Went today to "check-out" the Black Friday Sales...weren't many good values, some 20-50% off offers. The mall is large, clean and the food choices are good...the Santo Domingo Coffee shop was out-the-door with people. Still a LOT of construction going-on at the rear of the mall and the parking is still under construction.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Quick question: Did the Bachata Rosa restaurant ever open? If so, is it worth going to?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Drove by earlier and could see they were hard at work in the Bachata Rosa. Still plenty to be done but they had a big crew at work and it's the first time I've seen any work going on there so I would assume it shouldn't be too long now.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I have been so surprised at myself for really enjoying the Blue Mall.  But I use it mainly as a food stop. INMHO, as I remember in Manhattan, Hard Rock here still makes the best burgers around and maybe all of DR. Plus service very good and a convivial large place with room between tables; mexican Restauant can't remember name right now...decent, not great but a definite ok.  We get our gelato just down the stairs (very good choco mint a favorite) much better than Valentino ice cream and stop alot maybe too much at the Kah Kow chocolate shop.  Hope the other restaurants that are being planned are good.  If only the Blue Mall had only food options I think would/could be a big hit.  The stores there are pretty awful and full of tourist chotchky stuff. Clothes stores, except Zara are also not at all appealing.  Don't know why they are there.  Now if the mall only had a good bakery and good wine store, we would really be in 7th heaven.  

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
lNMHO, as I remember in Manhattan, Hard Rock here still makes the best burgers around and maybe all of DR.

Try Fuddruckers’ burgers at Galería 360 when you have a chance. Their onion rings are good too.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hi. Where is Galeria 360? Good burgers are my thing.  
Chef Pepper, for me, thumbs down.

We keep bouncing back and forth between Blue Mall in PC and Blue Mall in Santo Domingo.

Fudruckers/Galeria 360 is on Ave. Kennedy in Santo Domingo, next to IKEA.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, please try to keep the discussion focused on the Blue Mall Punta Cana and related matters in the East Coast. If anyone would like to discuss malls in Santo Domingo please start a new thread in the Santo Domingo forum.

Jan 7, 2016
For people that like Chain Restaurants, there is an Applebees at Blue Mall....haven't tried it yet, but the menu looks consistent with North American units, with Dominican Prices!

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
For people that like Chain Restaurants, there is an Applebees at Blue Mall....haven't tried it yet, but the menu looks consistent with North American units, with Dominican Prices!

Applebees thumbs very down like in US.  Food just not very good. Have spoken with acquaintances who said "comida" not good.  I am not surprised.  It is considered third rate in NY.  But it has such a glitzy blinding light aura to it in front Blue Mall that I think it mght just appeal to dominicans who believe glitzy equals good taste.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
Isabella Steak Restaurant

has anyone tried this steak restaurant in the Blue Mall? I may go thee with some of the TBH staff

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's a carol concert by the students of the Punta Cana Academy of Arts and Music in the Blue Mall on Saturday 16th at 6:00 pm. We were there for the one yesterday evening and it was all very festive.