Boat to Cuba or Jamaica Urgent, please help!!!!

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
World traveler stuck in DR
After having traveled across South America for two weeks, young traveler Graham Hughes has now found himself stuck in the DR, looking for a way to continue his Carmen San Diego-ike adventure. Hughes, from Liverpool, England, embarked on his journey from Colonia, Uruguay with the goal of stepping foot on every UN-recognized nation in the world in one year's time. He began his journey on 1 January 2009. Hughes got himself to the DR and is now looking for a way to get to either Jamaica or Cuba. There is a catch to his travels: Hughes can't fly, drive or use private transport on public roads. Though he says he has enjoyed his time in the DR and the hospitality of Dominicans, he is looking to hitch his next ride to continue.
For more information on Hughes's travels please click here: theodysseyexpedition.com

If you have any relevant info, please post here.

Mr. Lu

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
The situation is getting kind of urgent for the lad so we are trying to dig up all our resources and see if we can get this kid off again. I met him today in our offices and he was a pleasure to speak to. Real energetic kid. So if anyone has any help please drop a line.

Mr. Lu

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Tell him to phone Mendez, Brit. Hon Consul, Puerto Plata. Mendez works for a shipping import/exporters. Fairly regular boat goes to T&C, not sure about the other locations but worth a try. Has he been round shipping companies in SD?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Grahame got on a boat yesterday in Haina, panic over!

He's a great guy and I wish him every success in completing this epic journey.

The Rules:

# I must physically step foot on dry land within the continuous border of every nation state of the UN within one year. There are 192 member states in the UN.

# - I may not fly
# - I may not drive
# - I may use private transport in the following cases:
# > short journeys (e.g. across town)
# > over water
# > life-threatening situations

theodysseyexpedition.com