Boca Chica?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Nan! Please tell us more about life there now.

It's pretty laid back to me. The putas are an annoyance but not overly so. I enjoy walking the malecon both here and in Andres. I've met some fairly nice people.

The police don't get too gung ho about enforcing masks and keeping the beach off limits, but you rarely see anyone on the beach. Never in groups over 5 or 6. Every great once in a while they will roust whomever is there, but they're back withing 20 minutes.

The restaurants are good. I've found a couple I like. I do tend to stay away from the playa after dark, so I can't comment too much about the night life. However, we don't live that far from the beach and I never hear any annoying noise. Of course that's a moot point now.

All in all, I like living here.

Sep 22, 2009
It's pretty laid back to me. The putas are an annoyance but not overly so. I enjoy walking the malecon both here and in Andres. I've met some fairly nice people.

The police don't get too gung ho about enforcing masks and keeping the beach off limits, but you rarely see anyone on the beach. Never in groups over 5 or 6. Every great once in a while they will roust whomever is there, but they're back withing 20 minutes.

The restaurants are good. I've found a couple I like. I do tend to stay away from the playa after dark, so I can't comment too much about the night life. However, we don't live that far from the beach and I never hear any annoying noise. Of course that's a moot point now.

Awe

irsav

Jan 26, 2019

Please give us an update every 3-4 days. We need a first hand from the best people in the field like you!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

There are restaurants there that are actually open, or just for takeout? No enforcement of the 5pm curfew hour either?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019

Until what time people are allowed to be in the street? Any curfew ?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
It will be interesting to hear what BC is like after Covid 19. You've got a first row seat to the 'new normal'. It's especially good that you relocated there after the beginning of the pandemic. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just an update that some small business are open. I went to a cell phone repair store today and got good service. I noticed a few other business open too, but not a whole lot and not really advertising a lot.

Reactions: irsav

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Just an update that some small business are open. I went to a cell phone repair store today and got good service. I noticed a few other business open too, but not a whole lot and not really advertising a lot.
NanSanPedro!!! Thank you very much! All DR.1 is waiting for your each post impatiently. Boca Chica is the true heart and soul of this country. Everyone knows it. The very first foreign tourists arrived exactly to Boca Chica many years ago! The whole Dominican tourism began with Hamaca . It is everybody`s ultimate dream - to live in Boca Chica. Yes !!!!

Sep 22, 2009
NanSanPedro!!! Thank you very much! All DR.1 is waiting for your each post impatiently. Boca Chica is the true heart and soul of this country. Everyone knows it. The very first foreign tourists arrived exactly to Boca Chica many years ago! The whole Dominican tourism began with Hamaca . It is everybody`s ultimate dream - to live in Boca Chica. Yes !!!!
Well, not quite "everyone". LOL. I constantly remind myself this is a forum board of "opinions", which is certainly the case here.
Come on, John. Clearly this was sarcasm.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Are you sure about that? 😂
Not at all. In these 25+ years I lived in all most popular expats` places in this country. And in the end of the day came back to where it all began - beautiful 100% Dominican beloved Boca Chica.

Reactions: Neargale