Boca Chica?

Sep 22, 2009
Nah, we came here because we needed to help my son's older brother. He is a construction worker and is mostly out of work. The few days he did work ended in jail. So we help him out when we can.
It's all good though. I lived for years with no money in the SDE ghetto before I made it big

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
NanSanPedro

All DR.1 members are waiting for your priceless updates on our beloved Boca Chica!

1589328321418.png

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
NanSanPedro

All DR.1 members are waiting for your priceless updates on our beloved Boca Chica!

Sorry I'm late.

In any case, things are opening up a little. My barber opened today but I didn't go this afternoon because of back pain.

Like I said in another thread, the shade tree mechanics are up and running. I also got my cell phone power connector replaced last week. $700 DOP.

Also today, I saw 2 Dominicanos waiting for what appeared to be a guagua, by the BHD Leon Bank. Not sure about that because they could be just waiting for a ride and my Spanish sucks so much I wouldn't have been able to understand their answer.

The border is not open of course but I sent a Haitian home to Haiti. Not sure how he's gonna get there but if there's a back door, he'll find it.

Some construction started last week, but not a lot. It's definitely not at 100% and probably < 50%.

The beach is still by and large deserted. You see a few people but only a handful on the Malecon. The police roust them but I've only see one arrest, and that's a few weeks ago. BTW, I'm on the Boca Chica and Andres malecon at least once a day, sometimes twice.

Last thing I can think of to report is an Italian guy was killed about 4 weeks ago. Don't know any of the details.

Reactions: MarJD

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Sorry I'm late.

In any case, things are opening up a little. My barber opened today but I didn't go this afternoon because of back pain.

Like I said in another thread, the shade tree mechanics are up and running. I also got my cell phone power connector replaced last week. $700 DOP.

Also today, I saw 2 Dominicanos waiting for what appeared to be a guagua, by the BHD Leon Bank. Not sure about that because they could be just waiting for a ride and my Spanish sucks so much I wouldn't have been able to understand their answer.

The border is not open of course but I sent a Haitian home to Haiti. Not sure how he's gonna get there but if there's a back door, he'll find it.

Some construction started last week, but not a lot. It's definitely not at 100% and probably < 50%.

The beach is still by and large deserted. You see a few people but only a handful on the Malecon. The police roust them but I've only see one arrest, and that's a few weeks ago. BTW, I'm on the Boca Chica and Andres malecon at least once a day, sometimes twice.

Last thing I can think of to report is an Italian guy was killed about 4 weeks ago. Don't know any of the details.

Thank you very much, dear NanSanPedro!
God bless yourself, your husband, your children and your family!
Please keep updating us !

Reactions: MarJD

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I do not remember this Italian gentleman as a full time regular established resident of Boca Chica!
Please provide more details when you get them, dear NanSanPedro !

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Dear NanSanPedro!
What are the latest news and updates in our beloved Boca Chica? Until what time people are allowed to be in the street?
Each and every DR.1 member begins his/her day with coffee and waiting for your new update on the situation in the field.
What are current prices for guanabanas in Ole ?
You are our anchor now! You are our soul and eyes on the ground.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Dear NanSanPedro!
What are the latest news and updates in our beloved Boca Chica? Until what time people are allowed to be in the street?
Each and every DR.1 member begins his/her day with coffee and waiting for your new update on the situation in the field.
What are current prices for guanabanas in Ole ?
You are our anchor now! You are our soul and eyes on the ground.

Business are opening up except for restaurants, clubs, and the lottos. The beach is still closed and I watched 2 CESTUR cops roust a few 20 somethings this morning at about 7AM.

I understand that churches will open this Sunday. My son is going to check it out and if it looks good, we will go the following Sunday.

The long lines seem to be getting smaller. This includes Western Union. The ATM Lines are smaller too, just 3 or 4 people ahead of you. As an aside, I went to the BHD Leon ATM yesterday outside Ole. It didn't dispense any money but charged me anyway. Let's hope I can recoup it.

Masks at Ole and the bank are enforced. Outside no one seems to care one way or the other. I'm guessing 75% compliance right now. That 75% includes using the mask as a chin strap in the event of a jaw dislocation.

Last Saturday, all the Chinese junk stores opened up along with the Chinese Pica Pollos. The Chinese junk store across from Ole now doesn't take credit cards. My Spanish still sucks so I can't ask why. Well, I probably could ask but wouldn't understand the answer. Chinese accents and Spanish don't go well together.

If I think of anything else I'll post it. I try not to buy produce at Ole so I don't know the price of anything there, except for Olive Oil ($265 pesos for the biggie).

Rob

Reactions: MarJD and Caonabo

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Business are opening up except for restaurants, clubs, and the lottos. The beach is still closed and I watched 2 CESTUR cops roust a few 20 somethings this morning at about 7AM.

I understand that churches will open this Sunday. My son is going to check it out and if it looks good, we will go the following Sunday.

The long lines seem to be getting smaller. This includes Western Union. The ATM Lines are smaller too, just 3 or 4 people ahead of you. As an aside, I went to the BHD Leon ATM yesterday outside Ole. It didn't dispense any money but charged me anyway. Let's hope I can recoup it.

Masks at Ole and the bank are enforced. Outside no one seems to care one way or the other. I'm guessing 75% compliance right now. That 75% includes using the mask as a chin strap in the event of a jaw dislocation.

Last Saturday, all the Chinese junk stores opened up along with the Chinese Pica Pollos. The Chinese junk store across from Ole now doesn't take credit cards. My Spanish still sucks so I can't ask why. Well, I probably could ask but wouldn't understand the answer. Chinese accents and Spanish don't go well together.

If I think of anything else I'll post it. I try not to buy produce at Ole so I don't know the price of anything there, except for Olive Oil ($265 pesos for the biggie).

Rob

Thank you very much, dear Rob!
Why don`t you learn Spanish? It is beautiful language.
Where do you buy your guanabanas if not in Ole? Where do you buy fresh cold milk? Why ?

Reactions: JD Jones