Bohemia Beer?

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Does anyone have any information regarding the lack of Bohemia beer? For a long time now, there has been no Bohemia in Puerto Plata, and I assume the same is true elsewhere. In the past there has happened for a short time, but nothing like this.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not that long ago it was Presidente that vanished from the stores. Looks like it may be Bohemia's turn this time around. Product availability and restocking times has always been an issue. The golden rule - If you see something and want it, buy some. Waiting can leave you not so high and very dry. Applies to everything from dog food to breakfast sausages and includes any preferred brand of beer.

It sometimes surprises me how quickly some recently stocked items can be completely sold out again. Then again some of the shopping carts I see are so full that nary another item can be added. A few days ago I saw someone struggling to carry 12+ full bags of pan de aqua buns to the register. Easily more than 100 buns which left the bun bin almost empty for the next person.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
It's hard to understand why one local beer or another would be unavailable for such a long time. The ingredients can't be all that different! One friend told me the "word on the street" is that Bohemia is gone for good. I don't really believe that, but it's been unavailable quite a while now.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone for good. It was cheaper than Presidente, so the company didn't make so much money.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I never had one. So less taste than Presidente?
To me, Bohemia had a little sweeter taste to it. I somewhat jokingly compare Presidente to Budweiser and Bohemia to Miller Geniune Draft. Presidente also seems to have a little more carbonation to it, at least for me!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
To me, Bohemia had a little sweeter taste to it. I somewhat jokingly compare Presidente to Budweiser and Bohemia to Miller Geniune Draft. Presidente also seems to have a little more carbonation to it, at least for me!
Thanks.

I seem to remember a Mexian Bohemia beer in the USA a long time ago. It was not my favorite Mex beer, but it was better than Corona (as is my toilet water).

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone for good. It was cheaper than Presidente, so the company didn't make so much money.
True, for us consumers it was cheaper. But, it's hard to say as far as profit margins, not knowing all the cost factors. The company didn't spend much on marketing for Bohemia, that's for sure!

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks.

I seem to remember a Mexian Bohemia beer in the USA a long time ago. It was not my favorite Mex beer, but it was better than Corona (as is my toilet water).
Gotta agree with you there! Corona is more of an export beer for Mexico - there's a lot better Mexican beers to be had

Reactions: cavok

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr AE doesn’t like Bohemia at all, strictly a Presidente guy. Anyone see Benedicta for sale anywhere?

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
More taste for Bohemia than Presidente. Same company makes both, so they just make what they want to. Now there is regular Presidente , LIte, Black and Gold from what I have seen. Bohemia I can confirm is hard to find.
Just for laughs!

Attachments

• tumblr_ojpye0ujSK1rw41szo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ojpye0ujSK1rw41szo1_500.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You want a real beer? Try this one and you can forget about the rest. You can get it at Licormart and possible other places.

Lots of Erdinger in different presentations at Jumbo. I gave up drinking years ago but still have one every 6 months or so.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
There are a couple of places in the capital I still buy Bohemia consistently. My main bar tells me it's impossible to get now and they put their order in some time ago.