Bon is celebrating its 50th anniversary

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Helados-Bon-e1651669135693.png

Helados Bon, the iconic Dominican ice cream manufacturer, is celebrating its 50th anniversary. The company got its start on a Mother’s Day 50 years ago. The company is preparing celebratory events and already has launched the Leyenda ice cream flavor that combines the Don Alfonso flavor (chocolate and coffee) with macadamia nut ice cream. The Moreno founder members tell the story of the factory started by their father, Don Alfonso Moreno, a do-good politician who became the first Dominican exile during the Trujillo regime and went on to who set new standards for corporate and environmental responsibility for the country.

Two of his offspring, Jesus and Ana Angelica Moreno explain they survived the barrage of foreign imports offering high standards of quality in the ice cream.

Listen to the interview on Esta Noche con Mariasela

ENM...

[url=https://dr1.com/news/2022/05/04/bon-is-celebrating-its-50th-anniversary/]Continue reading...

Last edited:

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Bon has certainly come leaps and bounds since i first got to Santo Domingo. Almost 20 years ago there were still rival Nestle stands. Ice cream was icy and not creamy. Now, i find it delicious. They make a great ice cream tort which is great for bday parties.

That said, there is no comparison to the variety and quality of brands such as HD, B&J, etc. HD Carmel cone explosion is hands down the best ice cream ive had in my lifetime.