Bonao: Falcon Bridge neighborhood (El Barrio de los Gringos)

Calos G-Diaz

Apr 15, 2020
My father worked for the Falcon Bridge copper mine in Bonao when it was operating. During that time, we lived in a company house in Bonao that everyone called El Barrio de los Gringos. I want to go back and visit the house we lived in or at least find it on Google earth. Does anyone know more or less where this neighborhood was? I was very young and I don't remember were it was. Just feeling nostalgic.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2009
By the golf course and the water tank. I was there once about 20 years ago.
I think these were the owners.
Screenshot_20200505-210319.png

• Haha
Reactions: bob saunders

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
My father worked for the Falcon Bridge copper mine in Bonao when it was operating. During that time, we lived in a company house in Bonao that everyone called El Barrio de los Gringos. I want to go back and visit the house we lived in or at least find it on Google earth. Does anyone know more or less where this neighborhood was? I was very young and I don't remember were it was. Just feeling nostalgic.

Thanks
Going towards Kachamba,i think.

Calos G-Diaz

Apr 15, 2020
By the golf course and the water tank.

I think that's it. There are two streets that look like they could be the ones (Arboleda and Buena Vista). How's Bonao these days? Safe to drive around (this was a very nice neighborhood, so it's probably ok)?

martinez

Apr 21, 2004

Thanks
The neighborhood is still there and the house are for the most meticulously kept if you were to go down la duarte like if coming into town and going to los quemados you make right at traffic light go down that ave. Do you remember the small golf course