BOS to SDQ $258 R/T on AA

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Just grabbed by American Airlines flight from Boston to Santo Domingo for $258 plus tax (Total $403) round trip. Will be flying December 7 - 16

Appears to be the best price for this route.

If the DR Airport Taxes/Fees were not so high, then it would be a real bargin.

:bunny:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Just grabbed by American Airlines flight from Boston to Santo Domingo for $258 plus tax (Total $403) round trip. Will be flying December 7 - 16

Appears to be the best price for this route.

If the DR Airport Taxes/Fees were not so high, then it would be a real bargin.

:bunny:

This is and has been a HUGE problem. The DR has (I believe) the highest taxes and fees in the Caribbean. I think because the DR consistently ranks so high in the number of visitors, no one in the government sees it as a problem affecting tourism...but imagine how many more tourists we might get if it were cheaper.

It might not seem like much, but +/- $150 per ticket, compared to other destinations being well under 50 dollars (especially the US, where it's only a few dollars) can make a big difference in decision making, especially for families and groups.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
While I agree that the taxes for flights to the DR are obscene, overall, and especially when comparing all-inclusive trips, the DR is a bargain compared to other Caribbean destinations (with the possible exception of Cuba for the Canadians) so I figure that the government will keep this cash cow in place as long as they are still competitive in overall trip cost. Factor in a huge drop in tourists from the USA and Canada though, and maybe they will have to reduce the airport taxes to entice more visitors.

My New Years trip from Tampa to Puerto Plata (Dec. 31-January 18) on AA was $209 plus $141.60 tax = $350.60. I felt it was a pretty good deal. Thank God that oil is dropping like a rock and the prices are getting reasonable again.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
let's hope AA pumps back up the schedule with more flights to the DR. it's crazy trying to figure out my next trip. right now i've got 450.00 BWI to POP 12/11-12/16....