Boston Celtics

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Boston Celtics center Al Horford grew up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with his mother before moving to Michigan. He’s been in the N.B.A. for 15 seasons.

Boston Celtics center Al Horford grew up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with his mother before moving to Michigan. He’s been in the N.B.A. for 15 seasons.Credit...Allison Dinner for The New York Times

From Santo Domingo to the N.B.A. Finals, Al Horford Is at Home​

Horford, the Boston Celtics center, is the first Dominican player in the N.B.A. finals. With the way he’s competing, it’s hard to tell he hasn’t been here before.
Boston Celtics center Al Horford grew up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with his mother before moving to Michigan. He’s been in the N.B.A. for 15 seasons.

Horford, at 36 years old, is the oldest player on the Celtics.

Horford, at 36 years old, is the oldest player on the Celtics

Attachments

• 1655120475095.png
    1655120475095.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 122

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Tito Horford, Al’s dad, was FIRST Dominican NBA player
Al Horford is FIRST Dominican NBA player in the FINALS
Maybe KAT next?

ese tipo

Apr 12, 2019
Al Horford encompasses everything you could ask for in a consummate pro.His greatest asset( in my opinion ) is one which there could never be a box score for...and that is maturity.The focus and leadership he is displaying in front of our eyes should be an example for every team not just in Bball but every team sport.His ability to keep his cool for not only himself but to and for the younger less experienced players is a throwback to a time when the NBA was fundamentals first.I have never been nor would ever be a Celts fan, but if Mr Horford were to win a ring I would would, for a brief moment, cheer for Boston.

If someday the DR should have Al come back and take on some sort of coaching and or mentorship role in National Bball, I think we're gonna see some more damn good Dominican NBA players.