Bourbon

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Vegas,

The only thing that matters is that you like and enjoy it.

Salud!

Reactions: JD Jones

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Vegas, The only thing that matters is that you like and enjoy it. Salud!
I agree with you my man.

And I have already said that. I am here to share information and compare notes.

I appreciate all posts that do not contain ad hominem attacks against me or anyone else. And quite honestly, given the subject nature of this thread, I have no idea why some posters feel the need to engage in such attacks.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If you don’t like the Highland malts maybe you want to consider a Islay whiskey, lots of natural flavour. Try Laphroaig or Bowmore or Lagavulin.
So I ask where can I source them and he replies:
In fact I never saw any Islay on the island.
Well why did you suggest them my man? I find that strange.

So the quest for bourbon and Scotch whiskey from the Islay region goes on. Today stopped by a liquor store I had not been to on Av. Venezuela La Casa de la Cana (green building). And the conversation went like this:

I am looking for bourbon
We have bourbon
Where is it
Let me show you. He looks for it but cannot find it.
He yells to the other person working in the store with him. Where is the bourbon? Person yells back: We do not have bourbon. He tells me they do not carry bourbon.
Ok, do you carry scotch from the Islay region. Qué?
Other person shopping in the store hears me. Says to me put what you want here in my google search on my phone. So much for social distancing from random people. At least we all have masks on.
I do and all the picture for the bottles of Scotch from the Islay region come up. I point to one randomly. He says he does not have it. So the person who has all the bottles on phone screen asks me if I only want that one. Nah, I'll try anything from the region that you have. He tells the clerk this. So, he searched his inventory and did not come with anything. I thanked him and he thanked me and I left.
Laughing to myself as I walked down the street.

The search continues...

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Or Glenfiddich

Ah, no, my fren. The Glenlivet. That's the way to go.

And Irish whiskey......ai di mi.

But I'm not jacking this thread:

I loathe bourbon. To my taste, it's so sweet and unctuous. But I have a dear friend who is originally from TN, and she is devoted to bourbon. So at her house, I put on my "good guest" hat, and have been known to down a few.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ah, no, my fren. The Glenlivet. That's the way to go.

And Irish whiskey......ai di mi.

But I'm not jacking this thread:

I loathe bourbon. To my taste, it's so sweet and unctuous. But I have a dear friend who is originally from TN, and she is devoted to bourbon. So at her house, I put on my "good guest" hat, and have been known to down a few.

Where have you seen The Glenlivet, my dear?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fulano2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Ah, no, my fren. The Glenlivet. That's the way to go. And Irish whiskey......ai di mi. But I'm not jacking this thread: I loathe bourbon. To my taste, it's so sweet and unctuous. But I have a dear friend who is originally from TN, and she is devoted to bourbon. So at her house, I put on my "good guest" hat, and have been known to down a few.
It is not a thread jack. At least you are talking whiskey and not throwing out personal insults like Fulano2(SMH)...

I too like a good Irish whiskey. I think I mentioned that in earlier post. Would you like to share your favorites, where to source them here in the Dominican Republic and prices?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So that’s how you spend your days😔
If you think that is the only thing I did that day my man, or that is how I spend my days, then as the expert on me, my time and how I spend it I can inform you that you would be sadly mistaken. But everyone is allowed to think what they like. I would say it took me less than 10 minutes to make my inquiry. It was a unplanned stop of opportunity on my long list of to do items had to complete while I was "en calle". Everyone should spend their days pursuing their personal happiness. I read somewhere that it was their inalienable right.

It is not understood. I am not a Glenfiddich fan myself but that’s the only malt I have seen in the DR. That’s why I mentioned. I am an Islay man myself.
Good to at least see that you at least understand the thread is about whiskey in general, Bourbon specifically. I will still rather spend my last peso on a bottle of Bourbon, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, Japanese Whiskey or Dominican Whiskey that I do not have in my collection before a bottle of Scotch.

I welcome conversations about all whiskeys and stories of the pursuit of happiness. Bourbon is one of mine. The pure joy I receive from the entire experience of deciding which bottle to pour from. Taking out my Glencarirn glass (I also have the original Glencairn Copita used in whiskey tasting). Making the pour. Observing the color. Making the swirl and watching the legs come down. Then enjoying the nose...I could go on and on and on. My only regret is that I have but one liver to destroy. :ROFLMAO:

I am here to share knowledge and ideas. Not talk down to people or drag the issues I have with things that are going on in my country of origin here to put them on full display.

Why are you sad?

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
If you think that is the only thing I did that day my man, or that is how I spend my days, then as the expert on me, my time and how I spend it.....
Evidently, some enjoy dragging others down to their lair. There are a few here who go on tangents, with plenty of ad hominems thrown about to boot. The moderator/admin apparently have little to say. Recently there was a thread, that was about abortion legislation in DR (which finally got shut down) - you had participated if I recall. I was asked about my gender/sexuality, where I live, how long do I know DR, if I do at all and other extraneous issues by people I have never set my eyes upon, nor would I care to know. Some of these are self proclaimed Christians, speaking of turning the other cheek. Their tone, when they cannot argue logically, and tactic is to try and ridicule the person. Apparently these characters have been going around for eons on this site.

Coming back to your theme, Bourbon: is it whiskey made out of corn (or rye), as against barley for scotch? I am not much of a whiskey person, though I always have a bottle of Aberlour at home, ever since I came across it. Other wise, Grappa or Absinthe is my thing and so this thread is interesting reading, learning wise.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Jumbo-La Romana (this morning).....

Glenlivet Founder's Reserve......2199.95
Glenfiddich 12......2799.95
Glenfiddich 15......3699.95
Glenfiddich 18......5699.95

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Evidently, some enjoy dragging others down to their lair. There are a few here who go on tangents, with plenty of ad hominems thrown about to boot. The moderator/admin apparently have little to say. Recently there was a thread, that was about abortion legislation in DR (which finally got shut down) - you had participated if I recall. I was asked about my gender/sexuality, where I live, how long do I know DR, if I do at all and other extraneous issues by people I have never set my eyes upon, nor would I care to know. Some of these are self proclaimed Christians, speaking of turning the other cheek. Their tone, when they cannot argue logically, and tactic is to try and ridicule the person. Apparently these characters have been going around for eons on this site.

Coming back to your theme, Bourbon: is it whiskey made out of corn (or rye), as against barley for scotch? I am not much of a whiskey person, though I always have a bottle of Aberlour at home, ever since I came across it. Other wise, Grappa or Absinthe is my thing and so this thread is interesting reading, learning wise.

1598391196648.png

Apparently.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

why are you polluting a good thread with politics.....again.
Mamajuana : sometimes it tastes like anything and everything is mixed in, I love it as an after dinner dessert drink but it aint bourbon , does have a sweet note however

Reactions: Caonabo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Jumbo-La Romana (this morning).....

Glenlivet Founder's Reserve......2199.95
Glenfiddich 12......2799.95
Glenfiddich 15......3699.95
Glenfiddich 18......5699.95
i have seen your drink and food posts before, you have good taste

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
i have seen your drink and food posts before, you have good taste

Thank you, but I am only quoting that of which I witnessed in my local Jumbo this morning. I would not purchase these spirits at these prices per bottle myself. Better prices can be found by the case elsewhere.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Thank you, but I am only quoting that of which I witnessed in my local Jumbo this morning. I would not purchase these spirits at these prices per bottle myself. Better prices can be found by the case elsewhere.
Glenfiddich 18 is my special occasion swill