Bourbon

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
When I was younger I have tried to drink Jack Daniels. But it’s like driving a Chevrolet after having owned a Jaguar. Not for me, no refinement...
For me the key to Old No. 7 is coke. The nose on it is great. It's like that line from Limp Bizkit: "I don't even smoke but I love the way it smells."

In coke, Old No. 7 cannot be beat. I go with a three parts to one ratio. It's so good. I do not even drink rum and coke anymore. I save my Rum to hit it straight or mix it up in my rum punch recipe.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This is your response in a thread about sourcing Bourbon and other alcoholic beverages in 🇩🇴 ❓

Curious‼
Well, I doubt you'll get it here

I get in USA & Canada.... it's a Scottish beer
Cost isn't too bad..... cheap enough that I don't remember it.... craft beer price
hahaha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
More about the method of fabrication you mentioned....

aging in barrels

Added insight - knowledge - in an overlapping industry

you're well on your way to that mod job

My rum thread often features items N/A here.... for the sake of knowing

rvancil

Feb 2, 2009
Best option here is to buy as many bottles at duty free as you can on your way through the airport...They've been growing their Bourbon selection lately, I just purchased 3 nice bottles on my way in at a decent discount...all 1lt bottles too!

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
For me the key to Old No. 7 is coke. The nose on it is great. It's like that line from Limp Bizkit: "I don't even smoke but I love the way it smells."

In coke, Old No. 7 cannot be beat. I go with a three parts to one ratio. It's so good. I do not even drink rum and coke anymore. I save my Rum to hit it straight or mix it up in my rum punch recipe.
All this talk about bourbon and my favorite got passed over. Old Grand Dad. 100 proof, bottled in bond. Made from the oringal multi coloured corn seen as decorations now.
Anyway, I gotta ask, if the bourbon or rum or anything else is good. Why ruin it with a mixer? Just a few cubes if you please.
Yeah I know. It'll melt and become a 'mixer'. So what?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Best option here is to buy as many bottles at duty free as you can on your way through the airport...They've been growing their Bourbon selection lately, I just purchased 3 nice bottles on my way in at a decent discount...all 1lt bottles too!
Nice my man. Thank you‼
If they are selling something I cannot get at my usual suppliers then it might be worth it to pay the prices that I have found to be inflated at the duty free store.

Over lapping knowledge about your post just for knowing:

I have found that the sales ladies in the fragrance section of the Duty Free Store in the ATL Delta Terminal I pass through on my way to 🇩🇴 to be exceptionally knowledgeable. I describe the fragrances I know that my girls like and she introduces me to new ones until I find something I like. A day fragrance and a night one for each. The specials they are running (and they are always running a special) are exceptional and result in a price per unit that is significantly less than I could get in 🇩🇴. I always end up spending more than my budget. But the the good will it brings me: Priceless‼

Now, a post from someone trying out some new comedic material on the members of DR1:

More about the method of fabrication you mentioned....aging in barrels. Added insight - knowledge - in an overlapping industry; you're well on your way to that mod job; My rum thread often features items N/A here.... for the sake of knowing
Thank you for the contribution of your knowledge...we all know more now because of your post. Because of your desire for us to know. Some can appreciate that.
Please note my overlapping knowledge of the Duty Free Store. Just for the sake of knowing.
Write how you want to write in your rum thread.
This thread is about bourbon and other sprits that can be sourced in the 🇩🇴. I am looking for bottles I can buy in 🇩🇴.
If the bottle (or can in the case your post) needs to be hand carried here. Well that is so easy even a caveman do it‼
You are well on your way to that job as a tenured professor with all that knowledge for knowledge sake you be handing out.
Keep up the good work my man‼

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aha
I am happy to have you join my group of followers.....
Welcome !!!

A new world awaits you.....
Bottle AND cans for Innis & Gunn......los dos

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
A new world awaits you.....
If you are talking about the world of rum here in 🇩🇴. It is actually quite limited. And certainly your thread speaking about it is also quite limited. But since you are here in my Bourbon thread talking about rum that is all the evidence I need to show me you are the one actually seeking out a new world.

Beneveindo‼

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If I invite you over for your favorite Bourbon: Old Grand Dad, 100 proof, bottled in bond.

If I pour you a double, drop a cube of ice in it and then you watch me mix a whiskey sour up using it. Are you going tell me that my tastes are wack because you prefer your bourbon over ice and I've mixed mine up❓

We all drink our favorite spirits how we like them. I actually have two classes of spirits in my bar. Those that I drink neat or with one small ice cube and those that I mix up. Why BECAUSE I LIKE IT‼

Have you found a bottled in bond bourbon anywhere here in 🇩🇴❓Cause I have not.

All this talk about bourbon and my favorite got passed over. Old Grand Dad. 100 proof, bottled in bond. Made from the oringal multi coloured corn seen as decorations now.

Anyway, I gotta ask, if the bourbon or rum or anything else is good. Why ruin it with a mixer? Just a few cubes if you please.

Yeah I know. It'll melt and become a 'mixer'. So what?

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
If I invite you over for your favorite Bourbon: Old Grand Dad, 100 proof, bottled in bond.

If I pour you a double, drop a cube of ice in it and then you watch me mix a whiskey sour up using it. Are you going tell me that my tastes are wack because you prefer your bourbon over ice and I've mixed mine up❓

We all drink our favorite spirits how we like them. I actually have two classes of spirits in my bar. Those that I drink neat or with one small ice cube and those that I mix up. Why BECAUSE I LIKE IT‼

Have you found a bottled in bond bourbon anywhere here in 🇩🇴❓Cause I have not.
No, I'd not criticise your tastes. It's what your like/prefer. But I can't help thinking of it after I saw a guy pour some kind of sauce over a fine prime rib.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I was recently given a bottle of this Scotch. It is aged 14 years in Caribbean rum casks. I am sampling it as I type this and it is dam fine scotch.
Its called The Balvenie. In Canada it sells for around $150 CDN ( $6600 RD or $110 USD)
Above my pay grade but I will enjoy it.

Attachments

• 12 year scotch.jpg
    12 year scotch.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 158

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Last month I was given a bottle of 21 year old El Dorado rum from Guyana. It gives the high end Dominican rum serious competition for the money. It was excellent if you like mid to dark rum.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I used to drink Makers Mark after a round of golf, but quit drink hard liquor due to stomach problems. I believe I have seen it here, but wasn't really paying attention.