Bourbon

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
be0c495c3cf6e6af876862fc73eb0fd9.gif

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Crown Royal is a Canadian Rye Whisky, not a bourbon.
I am sipping on a Crown Royal Salted Carmel as I type.
It is a very enjoyable sipping Whisky
It is made from corn.... never could figure out why more crown royaL isnt imported.......

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It is made from corn.... never could figure out why more crown royaL isnt imported.......
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Canadian Rye Whisky is made from rye. It's a grain that is plentiful in Canada.
Several bourbons are made from corn. A example is Jack Daniel's, where they actually say right on the bottle "mafe from corn mash".
I guess that's why they call it corn mash whiskey, not rye whisky.
Hope that clears that up for you.

Reactions: johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Canadian Rye Whisky is made from rye. It's a grain that is plentiful in Canada.
Several bourbons are made from corn. A example is Jack Daniel's, where they actually say right on the bottle "mafe from corn mash".
I love "fine print"!! Usually it makes or breaks a deal. The devil is in the details.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
It's actually a blend of grains like rye, corn and barley 🤷‍♂️

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Is Crown Royal whiskey or bourbon?
Crown Royal Bourbon Mash
Specifically, Crown Royal is a Canadian whisky, and even though this technically uses a bourbon mashbill (64% corn, 31.5% rye, 4.5% malted barley), bourbon can only be made in America. Though the TTB originally approved the label, they reversed their decision and forced the brand to stop using the name 'Bourbon Mash'.

ref - distiller.com

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Seagrams uses maize, not corn . Although both crops are similar they have distinct differences.
Other grains are also used but rye is the predominant one.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Is Crown Royal whiskey or bourbon?
Crown Royal Bourbon Mash
Specifically, Crown Royal is a Canadian whisky, and even though this technically uses a bourbon mashbill (64% corn, 31.5% rye, 4.5% malted barley), bourbon can only be made in America. Though the TTB originally approved the label, they reversed their decision and forced the brand to stop using the name 'Bourbon Mash'.

ref - distiller.com
Crown Royal is a rye based Whisky. Most Canadian products use rye as a main grain ingredient while the more well known bourbons use corn mash as well as other grains. To complicate it further most scotchs use malted barley as the main grain.

They are also spelled different. Rye based are called Whisky while bourbon and scotch are called Whiskey. Both are pronounced the same but there is no "e" in the Canadian spelling.

Goggle has several reasons for this. Just pick your favorite and go with that.

• Haha
Reactions: Unit5

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
More thoughts on Tequila in the Dominican Republic

Lack of supply, even taking into account container logistics, is due more to drinking habits, preferences and the types and brands distributors decide to stock. It has NOTHING do with my user name. Using the logic proffered here by some individuals if it was a simple matter of distance then Scotch would not be so popular in the Dominican Republic given the distance that the juice in the bottle must travel in order to reach the shelves of the stores in the Dominican Republic.

Given the popularity of things "USA" in the Dominican Republic I am surprised Bourbon (which is a whisky) is not more popular here. I have found it is more of a lack of exposure. As the Dominicans I have shared my JD BIB with have all enjoyed it. Even told me they looked for it afterwards and could not find it.

When my friends are over and shown the bar, no one has ever picked Tequila as the sipper for the night. It is looked upon more as a party drink. In that case dredge sold in the stores are technically Tequila. But I wouldn't even use most of the brands in a cocktail. I would be embarrassed to serve it to anyone.
lots of JD no 7 and JD Apple...etc available here, wild turkey as well.