Boy Was I wrong!! Runaway Niece...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
A truly incredible bunch!!(All of you) I appreciate all your kindness and truthfulness, I don't anticipate an easy ride for her...nor should it be, she defiantly has some growing up to do, but to know when: "the you know what hits the fan", she will be looked after temporarily.

Thank you, for your support!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Few years ago one of our members named timex drove from SD to the north coast to pick up someone that posted she was in trouble.

Numbers were exchanged by pm and off he went. Sometimes people think that the regulars here are harsh and cruel but when it comes right down to it we have so many that would help others when help is most needed.

There is also a lot of help going on behind the scenes that we don't hear about on the board

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Nice to hear, and not too surprising. There are some still great people in this world with good hearts and genuine intentions.

Hope Lapurrs niece wont be needing to make one such phonecall though,

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
We are also all assuming that the guy has nothing as the OP did not mention what his economical situation is...

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Sorry dear but not the point.....

We are also all assuming that the guy has nothing as the OP did not mention what his economical situation is...

Not to be out of line but the point of this is Lapurr is worried about her niece and there are super people on here who are standing behind her. Whether he has something or not does not really matter as even if he has "something" she will more than likely end up being "lost" OP posted as to her distress about the situation and the DR1's who can/want to help are here . This community sticks together. That is why so many want to be apart of it. I am very proud of all of you.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
That's the beauty of youth. You can do these things. She's still young enough to pick herself up, dust herself off if/when it turns into a disaster and continue on. She'll learn some valuable lessons like we all did and come out that much wiser.

At least she's not 45 and leaving her husband and 3 kids for some 20 year old.

Let's hope everything turns out ok. She just might get there and after 1 month hate it!

At least there is a safety net in place.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Not to be out of line but the point of this is Lapurr is worried about her niece and there are super people on here who are standing behind her. Whether he has something or not does not really matter as even if he has "something" she will more than likely end up being "lost" OP posted as to her distress about the situation and the DR1's who can/want to help are here . This community sticks together. That is why so many want to be apart of it. I am very proud of all of you.

Maybe the reason he brings up her boyfriends financial situation is that she appears to be headed down there with limited funds and no job lined up at this point.
Although this may not directly influence the outcome of their relationship, I guess it may be of some comfort if there was some degree of financial stability.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Yes but there are also many comments about how she'll be trading a BMW for a Guagua, her living will be hell in Moca, etc...My point is everybody immediately assumes the worst even though at this point we don't really know much other than she's planning on moving to The DR...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hey, since cars are supposed to be cheaper in Moca province than elsewhere, maybe she'll be trading one "beemer" for another.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Amigo del alma....

Yes but there are also many comments about how she'll be trading a BMW for a Guagua, her living will be hell in Moca, etc...My point is everybody immediately assumes the worst even though at this point we don't really know much other than she's planning on moving to The DR...
Camarada, I, for one, am NOT assuming the guy has nothing!.

YOU, as a Dominican, have GOT to know that ANYBODY in the DR is capable of taking advantage of SOMEONE/ANYONE, even if they are well-to-do or dirt poor. (Granted, NOT ALLLLLL).

I can assure you that if I was the one stupid enough to tell my father and mother that a 19 year old was coming to the DR to live with me.....someone I don't know much about.....they would not only be dissapointed in me, but they would NOT embrace her!.

Actually, my beloved mom, RIP, would had even called her and try to make her change her mind.....while warning her about what SOME Dominican men are capable of doing......Yes, even if I was her son!.

In the DR, rich or poor, SOMETIMES one just can NOT tell who CAN be the biggest pricks when it comes to taking advantage of someone/anyone.

If that guy was a different guy.....if his family were different, he/they would've told her to take "baby steps" instead of taking that giant leap!......ONLY if they had HER best interest at heart!!.

"Best interest at heart"....MY AXX!.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
A photographer

A photographer
My 19 year old niece met a photographer in 2006' our first visit to DR, they hung out once in a while (she was 17 at the time) they kept in contact here and there, we went back again this past Christmas, once again they connected, she didn't spend much time with him, he worked a lot, he would meet up with us on occasion.

Feb 15, 2005
Some of the posts in his thread are too funny. Like the calvary some people want to ride into the sunset like cowboys and rescue a damsel in distress. Give me a break!!!!
Like ninjas under the cover of darkness scale 50 foot walls bare handed to rescue a kidnapped 19 year old cnandian from the "evil" clutches of a dominican male. Wow, how noble.
What is really noble, is how there is nothing about the girls parents "losing" control over a really "nice" good girl.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't know this girl, BUT, I know very very few kids that would runaway from home after meeting a perfect stranger @ 17 to live in a foreign land 2 years later, while living in the life of luxury at home. How is this possible, please, someone enlighten me, because I must be the only one here in the dark.
She met a boy while on vacation, email and talked on the phone for a few months and now she is running away from home to live with him in a developing country and SHE is the victim. ??????? and he is the "BAD" guy. Why???? What was she missing at home, that she was drawn so quickly away from home (family counseling). Luckily, she didn't wind up in Port Authority in New York, as one of thousands of runaways.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I too would like to offer my support services to our 19 year old beauty queen. I will drive to her house, pick her up and console her over many cuba libres.. then to really make sure she feels better, I will take her out merengue dancing. You can count on me! :)

Feb 15, 2005
I truly hope for things to work out, for I don't wish bad on noone. But, it really ****es me off, to see how it's always the guy especially in these forums the DR guys who are the monsters behind every knucklehead girl dumb actions.

I just wish for this girl to head back ass home, grow up and come back in about 10-20 years.
So that's right, give her numbers, establsih contact with her, call her everyday and tell her that this family is really an evil clan.
Maybe what should happen is for the father (I know I would) to go down there to meet the family and express himself directly to the father of the boy, the boy, the mother, the brothers, the grandmother and grandfather etc.
I would even do the unthinkable, get him a visa and bring him to Canada just to have my daugther close to me and the family.

I don't know that's just me.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What drama out of you.

Some of the posts in his thread are too funny. Like the calvary some people want to ride into the sunset like cowboys and rescue a damsel in distress. Give me a break!!!!
Like ninjas under the cover of darkness scale 50 foot walls bare handed to rescue a kidnapped 19 year old cnandian from the "evil" clutches of a dominican male. Wow, how noble.
What is really noble, is how there is nothing about the girls parents "losing" control over a really "nice" good girl.

No one said that he is a bad guy, but the aunt here is concerned of the unknown and people are saying IF read it again, IF she needs and wants help people here are prepared to help. What are you prepared to do?

And BTW we also talk about men being taken advantage of, would you like a link to those posts?:tired:

And it's spelled CANADIAN

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
No one said that he is a bad guy, but the aunt here is concerned of the unknown and people are saying IF read it again, IF she needs and wants help people here are prepared to help. What are you prepared to do.

And BTW we also talk about men being taken advantage of, would you like a link to those posts?:tired:

And it's spelled CANADIAN

No need to jump down Richard Albertos' throat. I think he has a point. If she needs help, that is her parents' responsibility. They shouldn't let her do this to begin with.

There is help, and there is enabling. And I think that Richard Alberto is shedding some light on the fact that this young lady is acting like a fool and her parents are letting her.

I'll bet you anything if she was a guy no one would be taking the stance that this poor soul needs protecting. What a ridiculous double standard.

If her father was any kind of man, and if this girls' mother was any kind of mother they would still be slapping her silly and forbidding her to go. But no.

You are putting the onus directly on this dominican. Yeah, whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll take a wild guess and say that you guys do not have children. You can guide your children but at a certain age you can't stop them. You can only pick them up when they fall if they fall and that is what the members here are doing. Her parents do not live in the DR but these members do and can reach her faster, AGAIN only if she needs the help.

Now stop trivializing what the good people here are prepared to do if it's needed.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Para ti!

This reply is to the now deleted post by Richard Alberto (believe that's his usersname), who tried to say, NOT in many words, that SOME of us are trying to be heroes:

If you are Dominican, shame on you for NOT knowing what can happen in the DR to a girl moving there for a man.

If you are NOT Dominican, relax, watch and learn.

My least favorite story, EEEEEEEEEEVER, on DR1 was the one told on a foreum a little while ago (look it up, it's somewhere).....If was about:

A young girl who met a Dominican while on vacation, feel in love with him, moved to the DR to live with him and live happily ever after.

Care to know what happened to her?.

HER SO-CALLED "SDD" (stupid different Dominican) AND HIS DOMINICAN GIRLFRIEND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HER AND KILLED HER!!!.

It was a horrific death!.

They denied killing her..........EVEN IF ONE OF THEM WAS WEARING HER BLOOD-SOAKED SNEAKERS!!.

So, Mr, since I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to put people in situations, here is some questions for you:

How would you feel if your 19 year old daughter or sister was in the same position as the OP's niece and a bunch of strangers in a computer site told you there were going to be there for her, offering her ANY kind of assistance, in case she gets in trouble in a foreign country she knows NOTHING about?.....Offering her help in case her "DDD" gets out of line?

I don't know about you but I would be VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY appreciative.

SOMETIMES I get amazed on how people just LOOOOVE to open their mouths before looking at the big picture!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.