Bradykinin Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The take from this is first that everyone should be ingesting vitamin D. Most people who get tested are low on vitamin D. Even in this sun-filled country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
The disease is more vascular than respiratory:
According to the team’s findings, a Covid-19 infection generally begins when the virus enters the body through ACE2 receptors in the nose, (The receptors, which the virus is known to target, are abundant there.) The virus then proceeds through the body, entering cells in other places where ACE2 is also present: the intestines, kidneys, and heart. This likely accounts for at least some of the disease’s cardiac and GI symptoms.

Reactions: Russell

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Cedimat in Santo Domingo will take insurance to do the D3 test. That is the way to know for sure your level of D3.
But my endocrinologist for years has told me vitamin D levels in the DR of her patients were usually low and she recommended taking vitamin D -- and that was before the pandemic.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Why would that be if you're getting it from the sun?

Dominicans, for the most part, aren’t sun worshipers, they shun sunlight. Think about beaches in the USA, and then compare that with DR (at least the southern beaches). Tables under trees and umbrellas. When we go to the beach, Mr AE is usually the only one baking on a lounge chair in the sun. Heck, some women even walk with umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun’s rays, in the cities and the Campos.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dominicans, for the most part, aren’t sun worshipers, they shun sunlight. Think about beaches in the USA, and then compare that with DR (at least the southern beaches). Tables under trees and umbrellas. When we go to the beach, Mr AE is usually the only one baking on a lounge chair in the sun. Heck, some women even walk with umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun’s rays, in the cities and the Campos.
Dark-skinned individuals produce less vitamin D than those with fair skin, and older adults make less vitamin D than younger people. Most Dominicans do fall into that catagory. Not very much sun is required to make your daily vitamin d requirements.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

The sun is different here within the RD from the US of A, as it is in Argentina.
Due to that little thing called the Equator.
I know you are aware of this, some of the newer folks to the pitch may not be.
Not all sunshine is created equal. ☀

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I find this thread most interesting and applaud the Researchers for their interest in getting to the mechanics of COVID-19.
Although a hypothesis, it is at least trying to figure out this puzzle,
Now why does Inermectin act so aggressively with COVID-19?
What does it have that attacks the virus especially in the lungs, heart ,and kidneys?
How does ivermectin destroy the virus and prevents it from spreading throughout the system.
SO based upon this study the wearing of the correct mask over nazal intake is paramount, or did I miss something here?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I find this thread most interesting and applaud the Researchers for their interest in getting to the mechanics of COVID-19.
Although a hypothesis, it is at least trying to figure out this puzzle,
Now why does Inermectin act so aggressively with COVID-19?
What does it have that attacks the virus especially in the lungs, heart ,and kidneys?
How does ivermectin destroy the virus and prevents it from spreading throughout the system.
SO based upon this study the wearing of the correct mask over nazal intake is paramount, or did I miss something here?
Its just China's way of thinning the herd.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020

I learned this on my first visit years ago. When I mentioned that I was surprised that so few people were sunbathing, my companion laughed and said that Dominicans HIDE from the sun. I understood that better when I was living - and baking - there.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Its just China's way of thinning the herd.
Never been a conspiracy theorist ...but this pandemic has me guessing twice.... I know a bit about Biological Warfare from Service days and post service consulting jobs.... getting close there!!

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
sun bathing has gone down the same path as cigarette smoking. The less educated indulge, worldwide. Case in point is Punta Cana. Heavy smoking ,drinking and sunbathing. Woman now don't want to look like they were working in the fields their entire life when they are 31 y/o.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This might explain why so many people with hypertension are dying from Covid. Many people with hypertension take ACE inhibitors - double wammy.

If I were taking them now, I'd be seeing my cardio doc and looking for an alternative.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have never ever met a woman here in the DR in19 years that wanted to go in the sun. This past Friday I must have moved that damn chaise lounge on the beach every 5 degrees of the sun's rotation for her.

Buxtonite

Dec 20, 2005
I have never ever met a woman here in the DR in19 years that wanted to go in the sun. This past Friday I must have moved that damn chaise lounge on the beach every 5 degrees of the sun's rotation for her.
Many women here use skin whitener lotion. Most avoid the sun like the plague. The whiter, the better in their minds. Cultural prejudice against
dark skin. And not only women. Take a look at Sammy Sosa in his before and after pictures.

x43hwOz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.