Brahma Beer

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
Had to call a friend of mine to find out... Currently a Brahma in Brazil runs at 0.6 U$, a Antarctica costs 0.54 U$, a bottle of water is 0.2 U$... All 1 liter bottles and converted with current exchange rates. Bigger market, cheaper prices.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Some folks are so full of S#@&. Brahma beer is good and tastes better than presidente. I have had some last night with badpiece and his friend, we all liked it. There were plenty of people drinking brahma beer in ahibar last night. This beer will appeal to folks who like corona and other non-bitter beer brands. This beer is smooth and has better texture than presidente. the folks who rave about presidente are the same ones who drink brugal as if its the best rum in the world.
AZB

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Escott said:
I had my second bottle of Brahma.

It was pleasant enough until it got warmer. Turned skunky!

Escott

This may have been a factor in my first tasteing as well. In all fairness I wanna give it another shot this evening in a controlled setting along side Bohemia and Presidente. When it's all said and done just because some like it and some don't doesn't mean it's good or bad, just a matter of taste. Variety IS the spice of life, and competition cannot be bad for the beer market here.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Rattus_Rattus said:
I bought a bottle of this BRAHMA "beer" last night. And i will not buy it again, it taste like old cooling water from a abandoned nuclear plant i russia..

Can you bring some old cooling water form an abandoned nuclear plant in Russia on you next trip? I would like to do a side-by side comparison...

Yes I am sure that in most cases Presidente will not give you fridge, although I hear it happens occasionally, I don't know where to sign up for that. The Fridges cost around RD$80,000 (for the double wide one) and you can get 0% financing for up to 18 months.

As for the Coca Cola fridges, Refrescos Nacionales (Cocal Cola distributor in DR) will supply them for free (Pepsi too) but it remains their property and you are not allowed to put anything you did not buy from Refrescos Nacionales in it. Same goes for the Presidente Fridge while you are still making payments.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
If you are going to do taste test then include Quisqueya and Amber. For my palate they are very nice beers. Brahma is similar to Bohemia. Escott, try that Quisqueya. It is a better beer than Presidente. I think Presidente is a fine beer but the enormous marketing machine behind it has everyone convinced it is in a class by itself. That is what marketing is supposed to do and they have been successful. Take several different beers. Pour an equal amount into glasses. Have the bottom of the glass marked which beer is which. Do a taste test. You will probably be able to tell which one is Presidente...it has the soda kick to it similar to gulping a coke. To be fair, make sure all beers have had their temperature stabilized in the fridge to same temperature.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
Some folks are so full of S#@&. Brahma beer is good and tastes better than presidente. I have had some last night with badpiece and his friend, we all liked it. There were plenty of people drinking brahma beer in ahibar last night. This beer will appeal to folks who like corona and other non-bitter beer brands. This beer is smooth and has better texture than presidente. the folks who rave about presidente are the same ones who drink brugal as if its the best rum in the world.
AZB

I will not say Brugal is the best rum in the World, but it's pretty perfect in a Cuba Libre. Who drinks Corona ??? Go to Mexico, they don't drink it there, Dos X's is the thing there. Corona is an expensive "designer beer" made for people who don't like beer, but think the bottle is cool. Presidente is okay but extremly overpriced consider it's produced in a 3rd world country.

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
I actually liked the Brahma beer. I am with Escott - I will have to do a side by side comparison when my tastebuds are tame and ready to see if I still feel the same way.

To each his own.

Bye.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Maybe it just depends

On if you're living somewhere, or on vacation ? I think everyone get used to a brand on vacation much quicker , because there for enjoyment only. Locals have the opportunity to hunt and peck. In Brasil Brahma is big in the Northeast like I said before. skol... probably spelled wrong, is big in the South. I don't know if the Dominican Republic get's BRAHMA BEST? Only comes in like 12 ounce bottle, very good. I will say in the Dominican Republic I only had Presidente.... but I liked it very much.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Live from Brazil

I am in Brazil currently, and Brahma is a decent beer.
IMHO it is not as malty as Presidente.
I plan on bringing back an unchilled one to perform a taste test vs Dominican brewed Brahma.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It must be the water used to brew it in RD......These are going down smoothly! They make 3 versions here in Brazil, Chopp which is a Pilsner, Bottled and a really sweet and dark brew. The dark one is nice as a "black and Tan". I am enjoying a few as I type!

Cheers

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Just got back from STI and Brahma Beer is ruling the city with Presidente, I spoke to many Dominicans about it and they trully love it, they are drinking it from Ahi Bar all the way to Patron Burger(Chopo Hangout), plus I am seeing plenty of new Brahma fridges around. Bohemia and Quisqueya might be the fall victims in this "La Guerra del Cervezas"

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Just got back from STI and Brahma Beer is ruling the city with Presidente, I spoke to many Dominicans about it and they trully love it, they are drinking it from Ahi Bar all the way to Patron Burger(Chopo Hangout), plus I am seeing plenty of new Brahma fridges around. Bohemia and Quisqueya might be the fall victims in this "La Guerra del Cervezas"

Es una novedad solamente!

This happens everytime a new product is introduced in the DR market. It is just a fad. I will give it a year.

Apr 26, 2002
Ricardo900 said:
Check back with those same idiots in 6 months and see what they're drinking then.

If you took cow piss, spent zillions on sexy marketing and told the chopos it was "new", they'd all drink it for a few months before they finally figured out that it was cow piss.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Check back with those same idiots in 6 months and see what they're drinking then.

If you took cow piss, spent zillions on sexy marketing and told the chopos it was "new", they'd all drink it for a few months before they finally figured out that it was cow piss.
I just don't understand it at all. Brahma beer is not so bad as people say it is. basically all beers taste the same except for 15% differance in taste. I drink brahma and many of my friends as well. I see more and more people drink brahma everyday. many bars are selling brahma and from what I see, this beer will be a hit in DR.
We have had many taste tests among many types of liquors. There were many experts like you folks who claim this and that. After a few simple blind taste tests, many people prefered liquors that they wouldn't normally prefer in bars. Example: there was a blind taste test between Absolute vodka and Stolishnaya (100 pesos cheaper). yet all 3 participants who drink "absolute" all their lives, prefered stoli. Then we had a taste test between american bought presidente and dominican bought presidente (which I took along to NY) and non of the participants could tell one from the other. so there goes the claim of the experts that domincian presidente taste better than american bottle. Then there was a taste test between real cuban cigars and fake cuban cigars and even cheap dominican cigars. Many prefered the fake over cuban.
So from my experience, all you beer experts are full of sh!t.
Brahma is here to stay and taste better than presidente.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Isn't Brahma cheaper than Presidente??
If so, Bohemia or Quisqueya gotta go!

The Rich drink MGD or Presidente
The Middle drink Presidente or Brahma
The Poor drink Brahma

I don't see Quisqueya or Bohemia in this equation, please tell me if I am wrong.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Drink a Brahma Beer, then drink an MGD. They taste exactly the same. MGD sucks, thus...