Brahma Beer

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just returned from Brazil. Brahma "extra" in the longneck bottle happens to be a tasty beer. It is close to a Sam Adams. I agree MGD is Camel Pee!

This is not the Brahma being brewed in Santo Domingo. Perhaps it's the water, or perhaps any beer other than Presidente will be chastized in RD!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Tamborista, the Brahma Beer I had was in Florida, so perhaps they brew it the same way here and makes it taste like MGD.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You are comparing 3 different beers then.
Brazilian / Dominican / American brewed.
AMBEV has breweries in every country and uses local filtered water for each brew.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
windeguy said:
I don't mean to offend, but AZB and Escott as well respected posters here must like a beer without taste. We just gave Brahma another try today while waiting in line at the checkout of the supermarket. The beer was cold right out of the Presidente cooler which I found a little ironic. It tasted, or should I say didn't taste at all, like a very light beer. It isn't like the flavor is bad, it just doesn't have any flavor to identify. I realize that this is just a sample of two people that compare Brahma to Presidente.

For those people that enjoy this kind of product, a Coors Lite would also be a good choice for them. More power to them. I am trying to understand that desire since I would select water instead of those two options, but I would much prefer a Presidente.

I find the situation to be all-important.
Mid-day in the hot sun for example a Brahma is just more refreshing since it lacks the thick and sometimes syropy consistency of Presidente.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Beer is Beer!!

All Beer tastes different to different people, punto!!
Being a New Yorker, I've drank beers from New Orlean's (Blackened Voodoo) to South African's (Castle Lager) and you know what most of them is OK to Good, somedays I want a Sam Adams and somedays I want a Stella Artois.

But I draw the line to Pete's Wicked Ale & Dragon Stout!

"Please drink responsibly and don't drink and drive"

GoDiving

Sep 28, 2005
mmmm.beeeeer

Robert has a point about Czech bud nice lager

Presidente is my favoured DR lager

BUT give me a beer anyday like
Newcastle Brown Ale
JOHN SMITH'S SMOOTH (only reason i might visit the UK again)
Bodingtons on draft not in cans

Maybe the only thing i miss from the UK is a pound a pint of John Smiths on a monday, thats about 52peso for two small or one grande here.

On my recent visit to Miami, saidly i paid U$6 for a presidente, which was still cheaper than a Miller i bought in a place on south beach U$10 with tax no tip as all they did was open the bottle.

Enough of my ramblings, enjoy beer(lager)
graham

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
windeguy said:
I don't mean to offend, but AZB and Escott as well respected posters here must like a beer without taste. We just gave Brahma another try today while waiting in line at the checkout of the supermarket. The beer was cold right out of the Presidente cooler which I found a little ironic. It tasted, or should I say didn't taste at all, like a very light beer. It isn't like the flavor is bad, it just doesn't have any flavor to identify. I realize that this is just a sample of two people that compare Brahma to Presidente.

For those people that enjoy this kind of product, a Coors Lite would also be a good choice for them. More power to them. I am trying to understand that desire since I would select water instead of those two options, but I would much prefer a Presidente.
We all have different tastes.

My problem is only with people who expect everyone to have the same taste as THEM.

Just rememember for every ugly woman there is a guy that is going to love her. Different strokes for different folks!

So how about if we agree that different people like different beers and move on?
Escott

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiko67

Mar 20, 2002
AZB said:
I don't know what everyone is talking about but me and my domincian friends had a side by side beer taste test. brahama vs. presidente. Brahma won by a slight margin. It was more smoother while presidente was more bitter.
Brahma will be a winner among girls for sure but guys will buy it too. Many people in santiago are very impressed with brahma beer.
AZB

Totally agree, I think the only thing holding up Presidente is the name, Brahma will give Presidente A run foe it's money. Brahma has a better taste, it will be my first choice when I visit my native land.

Kiko

Kiko67

Mar 20, 2002
On the money!

AZB said:
Some folks are so full of S#@&. Brahma beer is good and tastes better than presidente. I have had some last night with badpiece and his friend, we all liked it. There were plenty of people drinking brahma beer in ahibar last night. This beer will appeal to folks who like corona and other non-bitter beer brands. This beer is smooth and has better texture than presidente. the folks who rave about presidente are the same ones who drink brugal as if its the best rum in the world.
AZB

Brahma will rule!!!

Kiko

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
I did have Brahma Beer during a 16 day vacation in Brazil. If you all think Brahma is bad then stay away from SKOL! Brahma is much better than SKOL. Skol is like SKUNK P*ss. One more thing about Brahma...extremely high in calories. After 16 days I put on 30 pounds! OUCH!