(brand new video) dr festival in washington heights !! 10 minute mini movie !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Anna thanks !!!! But no one has said something about me not saying the n word and also ! This site is universal and has all type of people

mr. Lu i know your not dominican and even if you talk reckless u still watch the videos over and over again ....i hate certain things in life but i never see or visit them ... U seem to still watch the videos !!!!

Who put up the frank reyes video or the one about my mother !! .... Remember mikey aka the wop people !!! Im versatile !!!!

If u never had friends u wouldnt like this video !!! Did we rob anyone no .... Did we rape any girls or molest them physically no !!

Anna c had the best points and a few others !!! ...we didnt do nothing wrong just having fun and loving dr culture ....do u see us filming in brooklyn by coney island playing basketball or in texas cracking jokes on horses with our cowboy hats nooooo !!! Why !!! Cuz we dont like doing that !!!! We like having fun latino style !!!!! ....

No one did anything wrong in this video !!!! We are not even from the heights !! So stop the stereo typing of the heights !!!!! There were people from north carolina and florida in this film basically people from all over the us !!! So stop the stereo typing !!

And see that we were having fun and cracking jokes something that i think some of u did with your friends at some point if u guys even had friends !!!!!!!

what would we do if we didn't have something to bitch about?

I finally watched the whole thing and other than the few n words at the beginning i don't see anything wrong. Maybe my hearing is going not sure. ;)
i see a bunch of young people having fun and i'm jealous because my time has passed :cheeky:

I like the still pictures and the dominican music and all the scenes that i wouldn't ever have a chance to see.

Now let me ask a question because being almost white :laugh: I may not know the answer but aren't they referring to themselves when the one guy says the n word? And isn't it exceptable if one is talking about himself?

I live in a small town what do i know :paranoid:

Btw the kidd didn't say that word he said not to say the n word. That's what i heard. Am i wrong?

Reactions: AnnaC

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
I personally do not see anything wrong in this video but like most things in life, everyone will read his/her meaning into what they see or choose to see.

This is a parade going on with a group of guys just bugging out. There is music, drinking, dancing, people watching and all the other things that comes with being in a party mood. And the camera is rolling and everyone is getting their 5 minutes of fame. Of course, there is the tendency to get carried away a bit! Big deal!

Use of the N word? Blah! If black people can use that word as a sign of endearment amongst themselves, it will remain part of the culture and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I do not think that the intention of the OP in making the video is to prove or disprove any stereotypes about dominicans. He is just showing a street scene in a natural setting. I am not sure why some people would like to put a chip on the OP's shoulders like he has the responsibility to be someone that he isn't, just so as to help the dominican image.

Perhaps a video of stock traders on the NYSC floor, babbling like maniacs, would make for entertainment.

Sholly

A

apostropheman

I'm so happy!

I just added the first 2 fools to my IGNORE LIST!
(look in your "User CP" then on the left under "settings and options"
for "edit ignore list")
It's a thing of beauty!

Care to guess who they are? ;):cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: Rocky

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
I agree with Anna and Sholly. I miss street parties, drinking (in moderation) and dancing (with absolutely no 'moderation") in the streets. Loved the music, liked the NY scenes; didn't think much about the video beyond that until I read this thread, just wished I was there.

JorgeLuisgotcha

Aug 20, 2008
D-Kid
They Booted My comment for Senorita LULU- gee i wonder if it was to offensive?
Maybe it was my Gramatikal Skillz.

You should Throw those x- rated Sosua videos up so LULU can have a sezuire.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
thanks bella ... and thats another thing ... we filmed the streets especially at night and it was all love !! no fights no nothing !! bunch of people in the streets !! how many people film fights and molesting on the streets how many ! a bunch !! we didnt when we probably could have .....

I agree with Anna and Sholly. I miss street parties, drinking (in moderation) and dancing (with absolutely no 'moderation") in the streets. Loved the music, liked the NY scenes; didn't think much about the video beyond that until I read this thread, just wished I was there.

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
I agree wholeheartedly

Mr. Lu you are by far one of the most intelligent and well written posters here. I wish I could write half as well as yourself.

Bravo Mr. Lu.!! DKs' editing skills may be superb but the script needs ALOT of work.
Sollie

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Mr. Kidd

mr. Lu i know your not dominican and even if you talk reckless u still watch the videos over and over again ....i hate certain things in life but i never see or visit them ... U seem to still watch the videos !!!!

Ah Mr. Kidd, the pleasures of reading your posts. You are right!!!! I am not Dominican. How'd you know? I only pretend to be. It's part of my acting. Gives me a bit of leverage as I post. Now if you were to use the search function, read previous posts to ascertain a particular context for your comments or simply ask you would realize that I am in fact a half Mexican, half Black, Half Russian and Half Hindu guy. I also have Japanese, Polynesian, Aztec and Ebo blood.

(insert sarcasm laugh here)

As per your video,

(insert sarcasm laugh here)

Guess I am not "Dominican enough..."

Mr. Kidd is still unaware of the subtleties to which I am referring, meaning I have not been able to efficiently and concisely express my point of view and the importance of such. So as a response I will cede the conversation to others, with the hopes that after much pondering some of you will understand the many dichotomies of the conversation.

The spectrum is wide with many sub conversations of equal importance and with a vast collection of ideas, perspectives and conceptual thoughts. But as is many times my frustration we can never get to the core of these argument because of the obvious deficiencies within our system and framework, i.e DR1.

I'll leave this as is, though I appreciate the ignorance espoused in these videos as it gave me a chance to do what I love to do, which is write.

And finally, I appreciate all the positive responses to my posts (Frank T. T, Jalen, and others) and the continued challenges by Mr. Berzin, who, though I might disagree with, sharpens the proverbial knives of conversation. Makes me happy to know my posts don't fall on blind eyes.

As is always,

Much adu,

Cheers,

Mr. Lu

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mr. Lu you are by far one of the most intelligent and well written posters here. I wish I could write half as well as yourself.

Please don't say that, it will surely go to his head!
We have to live with him day in and day out at the DR1 office.

By the way, he's responsible for most of the articles in our article section.

Dominican Republic Articles

Also the odd video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EjhEywM0l4"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EjhEywM0l4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Why we are stroking his ego, let me add that he has been working on a site that will blow peoples minds when it finally opens. Especially those that have this Dominican stereo type in their head.

http://www.exonexo.com/index_eng.html

Last edited:

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Mr. Gotcha

D-Kid
They Booted My comment for Senorita LULU- gee i wonder if it was to offensive?
Maybe it was my Gramatikal Skillz.

You should Throw those x- rated Sosua videos up so LULU can have a sezuire.

In such few words and with so few posts you have provided a wealth of insight into your character, which beautifully coincides with the behavior in said film. I made a judgment call based on your video, willfully understanding that I could have been wrong about you and your friends, going as far as to state that you and your friends might be nice guys that I could go have a beer with. But Mr. Gotcha you have not only played beautifully into the stereotype, you have proven my point. You did the work for me.

As they say, feeble minds resort to feeble measures.

Your inabilities to express yourself through the written arts is only a demonstration of character and it saddens me that you are unable to express yourself properly.

In laymen terms...oh who am I kidding.

Mr. Lu

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Good vibes all around.

Sollie

"You can't always sometimes tell, what you least expect most."

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
On on that note, lets close this one down why the guys in the Heights go find a dictionary :)

Closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.