Breadmaker anyone??

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
AE, here is another recipe. I know that you love lemons as much as I do. ;)

Lemon Bread

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350? for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Combine glaze ingredients. Remove bread from pan; immediately drizzle with glaze. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, the simplest, no knead, no work bread:

3 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon of dry yeast
1 and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 and 1/2 cup of water

put all in a bowl, mix it with a spoon, spatula or hand.just to combine ingredients. cover the bowl with a bag,leave for 12 hours (i do the mix in the evening and bake bread in the morning).
after 12 hours use a spatula to get the dough (it will be very soft) onto floured surface. sprinkle with more flour, fold few times. you will see the dough starts to come together and harden. place dough ball on a piece of cloth sprinkled with flour or oats or seeds. cover loosely with the ends of the cloth,let rest for 2 hours.
after about hour and a half start the oven and place inside metal or glass dish for baking. dry. no oil, no nothing. let it heat in the oven for that half an hour.
take the dish out and carefully drop the dough inside. cover and bake for 30 minutes. uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes.

here is a short video with "how to":

[video=youtube;13Ah9ES2yTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU[/video]

done.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
AE, here is another recipe. I know that you love lemons as much as I do. ;)

Lemon Bread

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350? for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Combine glaze ingredients. Remove bread from pan; immediately drizzle with glaze. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).

Oops! I forgot to include the butter. One stick ( 1/2 cup) softened, room temperature.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
try this and you will have one lovely bread. it is unbeatable when it is still warm..

How to make the Best Jamaican Hard Dough Bread (Recipe) | Chef and Steward

Thanks Gorgon! The texture of the bread looks light despite the name. :)

IMG_6937-630x420.jpg

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I like the simple no fuss way...

Rustic Italian Bread an Easy Recipe that I Inherited

My first few loaves were the basic a/p and from there I moved on to experimenting with whole wheat and then rye and all sorts of variations. I enjoy it. Machine?...Pshaw (lol)
The only thing I don't like about that basic recipe is that it restricts my opportunity to knead. It is very therapeutic.
Fun thread.
:).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i use machine to make dough. i hate kneading. rise and bake is done separately.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well I found a recipe online for no-knead bread from King Arthur [excellent bread flour company], said to use a mixer. I have a big Sunbeam down here, no dough hook though, so I tried it this morning No-Knead Crusty White Bread: King Arthur Flour

Dough bunched up in the mixer and I thought the motor was going to burn out, so I stopped it and finished the mixing by hand. Raised tremendously and is now in the refrigerator in a huge stainless steel pot, where the recipe says it must stay for 2 hours, and will keep in there for a week. We'll see.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Well I found a recipe online for no-knead bread from King Arthur [excellent bread flour company], said to use a mixer. I have a big Sunbeam down here, no dough hook though, so I tried it this morning No-Knead Crusty White Bread: King Arthur Flour

Dough bunched up in the mixer and I thought the motor was going to burn out, so I stopped it and finished the mixing by hand. Raised tremendously and is now in the refrigerator in a huge stainless steel pot, where the recipe says it must stay for 2 hours, and will keep in there for a week. We'll see.

wanna sell the Sunbeam? i will source the hooks...

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012

This recipe for crusty bread I have got to try! I just copied the link! Thanks for posting.

I have a Kitchen Aid Artisan which means no kneading by hand.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Pulled this out of the fridge yesterday morning, quartered it to make 4 round loaves. Cut one for breakfast today [the others are in the freezer] and everyone loved it, so the recipe is a keeper!