Break-Ins at Casa Linda

Jun 7, 2006
From what I'm told, Casa Linda is taking these break-ins extremely seriously. Changes: Fired the head of security. Adding dozens more cameras & better vetted security officers. Cell phone use only on breaks. New gate entrance identification requirements. Enter/exit gate always down. No more gringo wave-ins. Suspicious trunk occupancy checks. Promising to be the most secure community on the North Coast. We'll see.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
When you buy a safety deposit box here don't tell anyone. When they make chit-chat with you at the counter say you live in the capital or colina de un culo - una chica linda asked when we were checking out ours about the urbanization bla bla and for the love of god put it in the vehicles not in the back of your pick-up every motococonch on this island will know where you live be friendly to security guards but keep your distance, inside jobs are common here with everything . Install yourself; I highly doubt there would be random break-ins they need to have some knowledge first otherwise your efforts can be wasted along with your life. The most dangerous weapon in this country is people's mouths - specifically Dominicans I kid you not the neighbor pays attention to how many shoes I have and what time I go to the gym. They have all the time in the world. Stop. Talking. Please. I'm on the paranoid side of things but I have never been robbed and have had zero bad things happen to me here and want to see everyone not have issues as well.
Yes all eyes are upon you if you are a gringo.......always......

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
From what I'm told, Casa Linda is taking these break-ins extremely seriously. Changes: Fired the head of security. Adding dozens more cameras & better vetted security officers. Cell phone use only on breaks. New gate entrance identification requirements. Enter/exit gate always down. No more gringo wave-ins. Suspicious trunk occupancy checks. Promising to be the most secure community on the North Coast. We'll see.
Does this mean that others were also fired along with the head of security?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Remember this thread is about the break ins at Casa Linda. So please keep your posts about the topic.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My apartment is not in a gated community. Aside from a break in in the first year, I have had no issues and my urbanización is close to very poor neighborhood.

I'm not in an expat enclave, but my landlord, who lives in the complex, tells me that the people who live around me have decided that I am a Doña and respect my efforts to help them.

When I was hit by a minivan and seriously injured the people around me helped. One woman helped me to shower, others brought food, others helped when my injury broke open and I hemorrhaged on the kitchen floor.

Lambada ( a deceased DR1 poster) did my weekly grocery shopping until I felt up to dealing with calling the supermarket and placing an order for delivery.

Yes there are issues, but there are some wonderful, kind and caring people too!

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Just curious...have residents at Casa Linda talked about leaving due to the break ins? IMO safety where you live is the most important priority.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Once they began renting villas to the JetBlue weekend warriors it was over. 10 brothers put up 30 dollars each and get the villa for the weekend, bring 15 lowest of the low putas to the villa and the putas steal what they can, what they can't they give the blueprint to their chulos piperos and they come and steal it. The security guard gets a lick. Who cares, esos gringos tienen cualto 👍

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Once they began renting villas to the JetBlue weekend warriors it was over. 10 brothers put up 30 dollars each and get the villa for the weekend, bring 15 lowest of the low putas to the villa and the putas steal what they can, what they can't they give the blueprint to their chulos piperos and they come and steal it 👍
Cue Jay-Z "It's a Hard-Knock Life"

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
Casa Linda... Rented villas... JetBlue weekend warriors... 10 brothers with $30 each... 15 lowest of the low putas... blueprints to chulos piperos... Sounds like a muy caliente telenovela.

Reactions: chico bill

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Casa Linda... Rented villas... JetBlue weekend warriors... 10 brothers with $30 each... 15 lowest of the low putas... blueprints to chulos piperos... Sounds like a muy caliente telenovela.
"I'm off to Boca Chica - can't stop
I drop bombs - not rocks
Left a debit card for the dogs - y'know what I mean
Friends turned their backs - I can't be seen!
" -Unknown Hip Hop Artist

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I expect the putas and their tigures have some connection to it. Maybe it could be some gardeners or delivery person.
One thing is nice that Casa Linda is taking action and will correct it.
I would think someone's cameras caught photos of some of the break-ins?
The whole reason for buying and paying the higher rates there is it comes with a feeling of security, 24/7 electricity and water and higher speed internet.
Without security you lose the prime driver for living in a gated community

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Once they began renting villas to the JetBlue weekend warriors it was over. 10 brothers put up 30 dollars each and get the villa for the weekend, bring 15 lowest of the low putas to the villa and the putas steal what they can, what they can't they give the blueprint to their chulos piperos and they come and steal it. The security guard gets a lick. Who cares, esos gringos tienen cualto 👍
Explain to me why it is "10 brothers put up 30 dollars, etc.." Do you have this information first hand? What you have posted has no merit at all.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Explain to me why it is "10 brothers put up 30 dollars, etc.." Do you have this information first hand? What you have posted has no merit at all.
Tbh, exaggeration aside, what FF1 posted has truth. Over the years, many owners of CL have rented out weekend/holiday times to a certain Sosúa demographic that caused a lot of dissent among the owners of CL. Certain types of music and classes of women... he is accurately telling the tale, but with the use of colorful language.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Tbh, exaggeration aside, what FF1 posted has truth. Over the years, many owners of CL have rented out weekend/holiday times to a certain Sosúa demographic that caused a lot of dissent among the owners of CL. Certain types of music and classes of women... he is accurately telling the tale, but with the use of colorful language.
If you are going to post accusations, then you need to post them. Post the proof otherwise you are discrediting Casa Linda.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If you are going to post accusations, then you need to post them. Post the proof otherwise you are discrediting Casa Linda.
I'm just repeating something I have heard from a few owners. I'm in no way accusing anyone. Just simply stating that x scenario has occured. This has been posted on DR1 in the past. What FF1 has stated is not defamatory. It is known that owners (meaning homeowners or property managers on the owner's behalf) have engaged in the past in renting out where parties occured with certain types of music and classes of women. Drugs, I have no idea. There have been worse things discussed on this board IMO, of course, with all due respect KC ❤️

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Then post it
Info from one of the managers at CL (obviously I won't post his name but he's one of the top dogs there). Also info from the taxi drivers who shuttle the putas from Pedro Clistante to CL. Also info from a guy who works as their (the brothers') errand boy, mostly bringing them weed to CL. Also occasionally they themselves post a video on YouTube, 15 putas in the pool and they throwing pesos on them and the putas drowning each other to get to the bills.

And when you say "If you are going to post accusations..." I'm not accusing anyone of anything I'm just saying what goes on in Casa Linda. Do you have any real estate there that you're trying to sell and you don't want the bad rep? 😁

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Info from one of the managers at CL (obviously I won't post his name but he's one of the top dogs there). Also info from the taxi drivers who shuttle the putas from Pedro Clistante to CL. Also info from a guy who works as their (the brothers') errand boy, mostly bringing them weed to CL. Also occasionally they themselves post a video on YT, 15 putas in the pool and they throwing pesos on them and the putas drowning each other to get to the bills.

And when you say "If you are going to post accusations..." I'm not accusing anyone of anything I'm just saying what goes on in Casa Linda. Do you have any real estate there you're trying to sell and you don't want the bad rep? 😁
If you are going to post what "goes on in Casa Linda" then you need to provide proof of that. As for me having interest there, no, just trying to be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: FF1