breastfeeding in DR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
RGVgal, SIL is working but she can take time off. i presume that the first weeks after the birth (be it natural or c-section) are painful and the mother should rest.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I have passed on the info. to the mom I know. Her baby is a month old now and she's close to SD. My sister also recommended Medela and Avent, but she was able to rent hers (??) from the hospital in Canada. Muchas gracias dv8, mountainannie and LaTeacher.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is interesting because in the last couple of months, I have been in groups where there was a breast feeding Dominican mother.. and, unlike in the States, where the custom is to withdraw from a group, or at least make sure that both your breast and the baby are quite covered with a blanket, here... it was more like a titty show.. which was hard to avoid and became rather the object of everyone's attention. Hard not to watch, Well, guess that goes with the general showing of cleavage here.

Kind of like what I observed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I have passed on the info. to the mom I know. Her baby is a month old now and she's close to SD. My sister also recommended Medela and Avent, but she was able to rent hers (??) from the hospital in Canada. Muchas gracias dv8, mountainannie and LaTeacher.

they used to be available for rent because insurance did not cover that expense. now it does, apparently. or so ebay/amazon reviews of those pumps tell me. la liga de la leche also rents pumps.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I like guys? That's news to me! I'm married to a woman and only have sex with women!
Oh I have no doubt people find my behavior strange, but i don't dig guys!

...Find the mistake in this comment. ;)
Hopefully your better half will choose not to read the posts tonight. lol.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
...Find the mistake in this comment. ;)
Hopefully your better half will choose not to read the posts tonight. lol.

I have never met Harley or the "better half" ... but I am certain that there is no mistake in that comment, and no issue with the "better half" seeing it.

Sometimes, you just have to think outside the box ..... :classic:

I told my wife while we were driving to Santiago today that a guy thought i was into guys, and she thought it was pretty funny. I and others obviously know why he is confused ;-)

I also agree with Bob S i should not throw stones about what peeps are into! So i apologize to you bob, i am one sick f&ck who has no right to judge anyone :nervous:

My wife and I are no angels :alien: or into the "norm" stuff...clearly!!

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
they used to be available for rent because insurance did not cover that expense. now it does, apparently. or so ebay/amazon reviews of those pumps tell me. la liga de la leche also rents pumps.

Gracias. She was surprised to hear they are available for rent, but will look into her insurance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apparently extrovert mothers are more likely to breastfeed their babies:
Z 101

that actually covers most of female population of DR. you hardly ever see here women who are introvert, depressed, quiet and timid...