Bridal Shop

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Does anyone know of a bridal shop in the Dominican Republic. We are having a church wedding and i refuse for her to use a rental dress, so I need to find a store on the island. If possible a web site.....Thanks

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There are lots of them: Casa de Novia (I hope that is the correct Spanish spelling!)

Don SantiagoDR

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Does anyone know of a bridal shop in the Dominican Republic. We are having a church wedding and i refuse for her to use a rental dress, so I need to find a store on the island. If possible a web site.....Thanks

and what is wrong with a rental dress?

nsalinger

Oct 28, 2009
Need to find a wedding dress

I have done a preliminary search through Santiago and i only found cupcake dresses (super tacky). Can someone submit any recommendations of stores in the following areas: Puerto Plata, Santiago, and Santo Domingo. I'd appreciate it!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I rented my wedding dress in POP. Best thing I ever did. I was living down there and had to come home to Canada several months before my wedding so I went and tried on dresses and reserved one before I left POP. I went with my husband's aunt (Dominicana) which made things easier. I found an absolutely beautiful dress that was silk and very in style at the time (2005). Total cost: aprox. $60 U.S. including alterations!!

I arrived on a Friday for my Monday wedding. I went to the bridal shop on Saturday and it was reserved so I just had to try it on for it to be fitted. The owner did the alterations overnight (very professional) and I went back on Sunday and picked it up. It included the veil and ummmmm..... having a memory lapse but that frilly thing that you put under your dress to make it more poofy.

I brought my shoes from Canada and hair piece, etc. It was really light and airy and temperature appropriate. The woman at the store was absolutely amazing. I cannot remember the name but it was on 27 de Febrero in POP and not too far from the Central Park. At the front of the store they sell decorations, balloons, invitations, etc. for parties. I also bought our wedding invitations there.

I have literally had dozens of compliments on my dress from photos taken from my friends in Canada and it saved me the hassle of having to bring it on the plane and probably at least $1,000!

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Wedding Dress

I have spied some wedding dresses in Sosua

Coming from Coastal garage, past the Eddy Naughty office plaza going towards the traffic lights where the road turns right, look up at where they have just built the new building and they were in the window of a shop there

Sorry I can't be more specific - I can take you there if needed

Good luck

nsalinger

Oct 28, 2009
stores

Thanks you guys, that's a great help!

I checked out Novella and I made some good contacts with imported dresses (however I probably don't have enough money to buy them so I'll probably go there to have some fun) he-he

I'll check out the one in Puerto Plata next time I swing through there, Sosua is a bit too out of the way for me.

Keep the suggestions coming, it's really taking a load off!

BTW, Casa de Novia... is that in Santiago? Do you know the address or at least how to get there on public transportation?