British woman skips bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
99,000 DOLLARS TO GO, AND MY WIFE BETTER START TO WORRY!
At lest 3 new "Yepetas" driving around the North Coast now!!!!!
It's the "Dominican WAY"!!!!!!!!!
Glad to see a "Gringa" got the same benefits!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The ONLY convicted killers in DR jails are the "POOR" Killers!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Sicarios' Special Offers

99,000 DOLLARS TO GO, AND MY WIFE BETTER START TO WORRY!

Indeed, this is good and encouraging news (even) for gringos with a nasty wife. :cheeky:
But I think, it can be had for less.... ;)

donP

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I do tend to think that, given the amount of negative media coverage about the DR that this case has generated - mostly incorrect - people at the top must be delighted that they are finally shot of this lady. I've been reading a lot of what the family has been saying, and it seems that bail has been reduced and reduced and reduced. A few weeks ago the family were appealing for help with over ?140K, finally they paid ?62K. As others have pointed out, she has been tried and found guilty but the authorities are still happy to accept bail money. I know that money talks here, but this has been a very high profile case, the Dominican ambassador to the UK has been summoned to explain why she is being held, and even the Prime Minister has been involved. Don't tell me that people in very high positions here haven't said "just get some money off her and send her home" to delete this problem.

It seems that this lady has quite a lot of history relating to alcohol and from what was reported in the Dominican press as well as the court case, alcohol seems to have played quite a large part in the accident in which her husband was killed. The last thing Nicole should be doing is drinking alcohol, let's hope this whole story has taught her something.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I wonder if Thomas Cook will offer a job in another location now that she is available for work? I imagine her Spanish has improved considerably over the last year, and she'll have all the vocabulary to help a holidaymaker who is arrested.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If she was really that sick I doubt she would be downing champagne!

I was going to Sloan Kettering Hospital here in NYC to pick up a friend who worked there and in the entrance to the cancer ward there was a patient with an IV in his arm sitting in a wheelchair smoking a cigarette.

I also knew a cat (one of the funny dudes I ever met, may he rest in peace) who had terminal liver cancer and kept on smoking and drinking until the very end.

It happens.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You "Ain't Seen Nutt'n"!
Until you see cancer of the throat patients with EVERYTHING removed from their necks, smoking in their Trach Holes"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
So much for "I Enjoy the FLAVOR"!!!!!!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You "Ain't Seen Nutt'n"!
Until you see cancer of the throat patients with EVERYTHING removed from their necks, smoking in their Trach Holes"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
So much for "I Enjoy the FLAVOR"!!!!!!

My father was terminal with inoperable lung cancer and wore an oxygen mask continously. He still smoked, would remove the mask with his left hand and hold it away from his face while he puffed on the cigarette in his right hand.

Addictions: alcohol, smoking or drugs are tough to beat.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when you are terminal not smoking would not make any difference so why not enjoy it till the end?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
As interesting as this conversation is, it's become off topic and not DR related. Can we get back to the OP please?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
She was convicted, and sentenced to 10 years, she only served 2 before she bought her freedom.
You, "Do The MATH"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
But why the title says that she skipped bail ?? She did not if she was released and not expected to return to prison ?? No ???

And I wish her a long and painful death with whatever cancer or illness she has....
The family of her now dead husband, who was kinda cute by the way, should had her taken care of while she was in jail...
No mercy on my part....

What ?? They don't know divorce in UK ??? Sh*t.... I'm realy pi**ed off with that story... I was sure she would have been doing 30 years... Humm....

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
This is cathartic of the system of justice in the DR. If you have some bribe money you can get away with taking a life.
The law or rather its adherence should be the hallmark of a society.

However as unfortunate as it is this is the world we live in. In the US Hollywood types go to botique jails to serve thier DWIs or drug posession charges. They pay a municipality and get to use thier jail as a hotel. If someone is connected they get a special bail as soon as the media moves on

In the DR there is no hiding it because thats just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.