British woman skips bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
But why the title says that she skipped bail ?? She did not if she was released and not expected to return to prison ?? No ???

And I wish her a long and painful death with whatever cancer or illness she has....
The family of her now dead husband, who was kinda cute by the way, should had her taken care of while she was in jail...
No mercy on my part....

What ?? They don't know divorce in UK ??? Sh*t.... I'm realy pi**ed off with that story... I was sure she would have been doing 30 years... Humm....

Don't think the illness that bad. Priority seems to be to sell the sob story as soon as stepping foot off plane not heading straight for such needed "medical" attention! End of day the media has made this worse for her. By the comments On the daily mail the world are not being fooled!

Think slipping away quietly would of been wiser! Yet a lot of very unwise choices been made by this family!

Just drawing unwanted negative attention!

How Nicole Reyes' 2 years in a Dominican Republic prison took its toll | Mail Online

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I've been following this story from the start, and I have to say the more I read the stranger it all becomes. The mother was interviewed two days ago and said that her daughter spent 3 days in a safe house before flying home. Now the daughter says that she spent 4 weeks there. The mother firstly said the bail was ?62,000 and she had to sell the furniture to scrape the money together, now she is saying it was ?55,000. It all feels a bit like someone is lying and trying to manipulate the media.

We cannot lose sight of the fact that this woman has been convicted of killing someone. All these "poor me" interviews focusing on how she saved up enough pills to top herself, and celebrating the fact that she jumped bail ignore the fact that as a result of what she did, her husband is dead. A lot of the comments in the Daily Mail echo the fact that as a killer, she should be behind bars and we shouldn't be celebrating how wonderful it is that she has been released.

I do hope that she doesn't write a book. Surely nobody can be that thick skinned can they?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I'm disappointed! It never made the press when I skipped bail! As for money I bribed the Santiago appeals court 5,000 US between the 3 judges to get out of prison. Plus another $500 to the impedimento de salida guy to delay it for 2 days so I could get out of the country.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I'm disappointed! It never made the press when I skipped bail! As for money I bribed the Santiago appeals court 5,000 US between the 3 judges to get out of prison. Plus another $500 to the impedimento de salida guy to delay it
for 2 days so I could get out of the country.

you should not want this crap to reach the press, I mean for expats that may get railroaded by some opportunist hmmmmhmmm,
might need to be able to take advantage of a flawed system as we have here.

so that kind of $hit tm should be kept fuking hush quite!

g'luk

May 5, 2007
I'm disappointed! It never made the press when I skipped bail! As for money I bribed the Santiago appeals court 5,000 US between the 3 judges to get out of prison. Plus another $500 to the impedimento de salida guy to delay it for 2 days so I could get out of the country.

And you have been asking people here if they thought it was safe for you to return to DR to meet with your Lawyer? You’re nuts TM, don't consider ever returning to DR for any reason with any guarantee from anyone including the President Do not get on a plane that might get diverted to the DR, no not ride in a boat that may drift toward the DR, do not accept an all expense paid vacation to the DR Do not meet with anyone to obtain proceeds from any sale in the DR That is unless you enjoyed the inside of a DR jail

The Court system has a special place for those that make a fool of them and a long memory

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
This is a disgrace. She is guilty and deserved to do the time. I know the mother of Jorge's child and she works as a maid. I don't think she got any money

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Initially, she was tried and sentenced and put in jail.

Now if I were to be put in a DR jail and offered the opportunity to buy my way out; I almost certainly would take it too.

It is not at her you should look; look towards the corruption in the DR justice system that makes it possible to buy our way out of jail.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Initially, she was tried and sentenced and put in jail.

Now if I were to be put in a DR jail and offered the opportunity to buy my way out; I almost certainly would take it too.

It is not at her you should look; look towards the corruption in the DR justice system that makes it possible to buy our way out of jail.

I agree, she used the system to her advantage like I'm sure most of us would have done in similar circumstances, I have no issues with that. The issue is the system, not the user :(

May 5, 2007
I agree, she used the system to her advantage like I'm sure most of us would have done in similar circumstances, I have no issues with that. The issue is the system, not the user :(

If the system is corrupt enough to allow buying your way out, I question the validity and honesty of the trial procedure

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Quote from the Mirror article:
"All the prison authorities wanted from us was the money."

I am not surprised.
Dominican justice system at its best.

donP

I guess had they offered the money before, she would have long gone! Justice is just a simple word in the Islaned of Hispanola!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I am sure her victim has suffered some serious health issues as well. People who wrap themselves in the cloak of victimhood are pathetic and not surprisingly, transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.